Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KDFW IS A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this news about the elk!!! If they could move them after they shot them to feed the bears and coyotes they could have moved them after being tranquilized!!! This whole sob story of theirs is Bull S*** !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: KDFW IS A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!

Where in the world are you all reading this information from. I would like to know cause it shure sounds like our law enforcement agency is a bunch of hypacrits? You know, the story about the cop turning on his lights so he can get to lunch faster???

Post Thanks / Like

I got my info from news papers...It was in the monday edition of The Lexington Herald...

Post Thanks / Like

The reason they gave for not tranquilizing was it takes so long for it to take effect, just imagine a 5-600 lb elk running out into traffic and hitting a car. Also the elk would just move back to the property after being tranquilized.
    You guys are too funny do this do that and dont have an idea what your talking about.
    GET INFORMED FIRST then make your comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok mr elk !!!! Since you know it all !!! I bet you work for the elite team of Possum Cops don't ya !!! If you can kill it and move it you can dart it and move it!! There has already been quiet a few vehicles destroyed by those elk anyway..What the hell would one more mean to them....So what is your explanation for them letting the meat ruin and not giving it away.....Let me guess there was not a banqet or anything coming up for the KDFW or their freezers were already full!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOPS.. WRONG.. there is a long string about this on kentuckyhunting.com.
    I am the one who bothered to find out that most of the info from the Lexington Newspaper was distorted.
    What really happened???
    Ok here it is.
    The elk over a 2 year period (herd of over 30) kept coming back to a fenced pasture. Through hard work and determination the herd was thinned to a dozen using noise makers, rubber bullets and other stuff to scare them off....It was determined that the remaining elk most likely would NOT be deterred and the Farmer who was extremely patient and MY HERO in all of this finally asked the department to make the hard decision.
    It was decided that killing the lead bull (the dozen left were all bulls) and the subordinate bull to put the herd into a leaderless state. This would make it easier to disperse the herd since the 2 dominant bulls were the ones leading the group back.
    Elk are NOT on a schedule. The farmer called F&W told them of the problem and they sent a rep. He called Frankfort, Frankfort decided it was time to keep their promise of destroying ANY animal that caused an economic problem for a farmer.
    The animal could NOT be darted. Big Elk in middle of road kills van full of cheerleaders.. Yeah that would have played well. NO YOU CANT dart and transport.. they come back, and darting does not KNOCK them down IMMEDIATELY.
    Since the department has rules that state they have to autopsy the animals they kill that are problems the animals had to be moved WHOLE not in parts, to a facility where that could be done. The time involved with the guts intact in the animal it was determined that donationg the meat to Hunters for the Hungry would not work. Some danger of contamination.
    The elk were NOT MASSIVE. They were ALL medium size elk all born here in the state.
    Extra Permits are being provided this year to take more elk and problem elk will be targeted in the draw.
    Get over it. They did the right thing and they kept a promise made when the elk were brought to the area.
    The reporter from Lexington Quoted PETA for goodness sakes.
    We know the answer before the question is asked when you talk to those fanatics.
    IN all of this no one noticed that 10 elk were saved from destruction.. Not even the reporter mentioned it...
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jim...You can believe what you want.. I know for a fact of an elk that was struck by a vehicle and was killed...And as far as a autopsy goes...Well I guess it had one done on it all right!!!! It went to feed a bunch of *&%$#@ game wardens I know this for a fact !!!! So get over it !!!!! yourself !!! There are people out there who need the meat worse than them !!!! Not talking about myself....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and your point is??
    It was not SHOT by the Department. It was ROADKILL. So a couple of underpaid Conservation Officers got some meat. What are you mad about.
    Instead of worrying about 2 Gosh Darn Elk, (not what I wanted to put there) why dont you go do something positive to help hungry people instead of slinging CRAP at KDFW.
    They do their jobs per the regs. They dont get paid well, and worse have to take all kinds of crap from the public whenever some yahooooo does not get his limit of carp.
    Are you aware that one Game Warden who died in the 80's from a gunshot wound was about to lose his house until money was raised to keep his widow in the house?
    These guys dont make a ton of money, and all you are worried about is 2 ELK? They saved 10.
    With all the problems in the world. People dying, hunger, etc... you chose to bitch about 2 elk that had damaged a Farmers property for over 2 years. GET A LIFE PLEASE!
    I am more woried about the darn people in the car that killed the elk than I am about one dead elk, and who ate it.

Post Thanks / Like

During the period of time that the board was down, I got a rather accusatory note from ONEMADHUNTER@hotmail.com... I am sure that was his REAL e-mail too.
    Here is my problem with his TIRADE. It was not the Conservation Officers who made the decision. NO CO was involved in this matter. Calling these men Possum Cops is much akin to me to calling Kentuckians Hillbillies who marry their cousins.
    He made one point stating that they are cops and get paid the same as cops and firemen... NO THEY DONT. They get paid state scale same as a Correctional Officer. Problem is that is 20% less than most Cops in the state and 10% less than sanitation workers for Louisville.
    I did not block ONEMADHUNTER from posting although he thought he was blocked while the board was down. Sorry but you are not that important I need to block you.
    I am VERY sorry you dont like elk, Sorry that you dont like Fish and Wildlife Officers.. but they do their job. Did they get some Road Kill meat? I dont know, but if they did I am happy for them. I have had Elk and it is DELICIOUS Meat. Better than cow in my opinion.
    Are you saying they took the animal illegally?
    With all the wasted deer kills in this state, and I see PLENTY of deer left on the side of the road in Deer Season... I dont see any need for outrage at some Road Kill being taken by an officer.

Post Thanks / Like

You crack me up !!!!! You are just too funny !!!! I hope you have a wonderful day there Jim..... :)~~~