Search Fishin.com

Thread: Hunting Land

Post Thanks / Like

Hunting Land

Does anyone on here have, or know of some land that my Dad and I could deer hunt on in Daviess, Henderson, Webster, Hancock, Ohio, McLean, or Muhlenburg counties? We would be willing to pay a reasonable price to hunt on the land.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hunting Land

If you can make it to LBL that would be worth it. My buddies and I have been on the search for some good land as well. Trying to do something other than Fort Campbell, not that Campbell isnt good, its awesome hunting there, but we just want something else to check out. We have looked at LBL and it seems to be real easy to hunt, not as pressured as the Fort, and has plenty of game.

Post Thanks / Like

We hunted LBL in a quota hunt last fall. We never get drawn twice in a row, we usually have to wait another year for the next quota hunt. We are looking for somewhere a little closer to home to hunt on.

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my first year hunting LBL, any tips that you have would be very appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-04 AT 03:45PM (EST)[/font][p]Will you be going on one of the quota gun hunts or will you be bowhunting? I have hunted in areas 5 and 7. My Dad and my Uncle both got deer last year in area 7. My Dad had hunted the same place before and spooked a nice size buck, so we tried the place again, but the weird thing was, I didn't see any rubs or scrapes at all, didn't look like a good place to hunt but we tried it anyway and Dad did end up getting a small buck there. Also, if you will be going on a quota gun hunt, stay away from the fields. Hunters will set up all around them. One of my uncles hunted on a field one time and there were 2 or 3 more hunters hunting all around that small field. It seems like the deer actually know when the quota hunts are occurring. Out of 3 or 4 years of hunting in LBL, last year was the only time that I actually saw deer while hunting. The deer seem to become nocturnal during the hunts. After the sun goes down, you will see many of deer along the roads.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be doing a lot of bow hunts there and I will put in for the quota as well, I hope to take a few in bow season as I hear there isnt a lot of pressure then.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some nice deer spots in Henderson and Union Co. They are all good waterfowl spots too. Send me an email if you want more info.

conelydt@bbtel.com

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-04 AT 00:08AM (EST)[/font][p]Do you have to join the club to lease the land? Thanks for returning my email so quickly. I'm very interested in the land. Does the lease near Reed have a pretty good population of deer? Reed is a little closer to home but any of the leases would probably be fine.