Search Fishin.com

Thread: need new gun

Post Thanks / Like

need new gun

I am in the market for a good field gun. I will primarily use it for ducks/geese and turkey. Thinking of beretta xtrema or o/u. Any advice, or even guns for sale? thanks in advance. HH

Post Thanks / Like

RE: need new gun

go with a Beneli Super Black Eagle, you wont be sorry. Swings and handles much better than the Extrema.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-04 AT 04:17PM (EST)[/font][p]Save some money and get a Winchester Super-X 2. It is made the same as the Browing Gold Hunter. I have shot it and the Beneli and the Beneli isn't worth the extra money. I shot mine(super x 2) during this past dove season and never jammed with over 250 rounds through it. I shot a few 3.5" rounds through it and they were suprisingly soft. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

I own two o/u Stoegers. Benelli owns them now, i have hunted for several years with mine. My dove shoots were flawless and my skeet shoots are as well. They cost less than $350 and i consider them a great buy. Bought mine at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been duck hunting last weekend and plan too all season. I shoot a Remington 11-87, 3 and half inch shells, it is an auto loader. The place I hunt is flooded timber, I fell in 3 times last weekend with gun in hand tripping over tree roots. After the gun was submerged she still fired with no problems. I have had this gun for a few seasons now and have not had any problems. I have had it out in rain, sleet and snow. The gun I have has a wood grain stock and is a little heavy but I like the weight, it makes you keep swinging through the birds, I have a bad habit that I am trying to break of stopping the gun and then shooting, but my gun makes me keep swinging through, may have something to do with the longer barrel too. The gun is the smoothest shooting gun I have ever fired, even with the magnum loads. My shoulder got a little sore after one box shot through it last weekend. Skeet loads I could shoot all day. Definitly go with a 12 gauge in whatever you buy, you can even think about a 10 gauge if you want to. As for turkey I would get another gun, I have a Mossberg for the turkeys but you could use the same gun for all three birds but having two guns gives you a few more options. I also bought a slug barrel for the Mossberg to do deer with. I use the same scope for both the turkey and deer, I just sight in when I change barrels. Something to think about anyway...... Hope it helps ya. Oh, and I clean the gun after every outing, takes about 30 minutes for the Remington, whatever you buy, keep it clean and it will work, whatever you do to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I have shot the benelli and the beretta, both nice guns. On the Winchester web site, the x is $1200.00, and is heavier than the above. The camo 3 and 1/2" 11-87 is $989.00. Not much price difference from the beretta and the benelli. I have bought many shotguns, but not in several years. I paid $650 for a brand new beretta 685 o/u about 15 years ago. WOW, guns have went up as much as bass boats.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid about $780 for my new super x 2 with duratouch synthetic stock at Whitakers in Owensboro,Ky.