Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New Crossbow Regulations

The Commissioners will consider a change in the Bow Hunting laws to include Crossbows.
    The results of this regulation in other states has been an increase in the take of Bucks, and reduction in quaility of the herd.
    I hunt with a crossbow. I have arm problems that prevent me from hunting with a bow. I do not like this new law. It will increase the take of Turkeys, Increase the number of people wounding deer, and increase the number of bucks in the forest.
    IF you have ever hunted with a crossbow it is literally impossible to get a GOOD shot past 20 yards. The noise of the crossbow allows the deer to move too much past 2o yards. New hunters will not have this knowledge, or experience.
    This will make poaching much easier in many areas, and with the increase of technology in crossbows we may find ourselves trying to find a way to rescind this law when they become as accurate and can shoot as far as a gun.
    The biggest problem I see is the increase in the fall turkey harvest, due to the increase of people in the woods, who can shoot the birds when the opportunity presents itself.
    If something ain't broke.. dont fix it..
    Contact your area commissioner and tell him how you feel whether you agree with me or not.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

RE: New Crossbow Regulations

Jim, you are correct on all points and we lost, I'm starting to really wonder about our great leadership in Frankfort, WOW.