Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Got Drawn - Now What?

I just found out that I was lucky enough to get drawn in the Elk quota hunt this year. I got a cow elk tag in the at large zone. Now what?

There is not a lot of information on the KDFWR website about what to do next or how this works. The release says someone from the KDFWR will be contacting me. If anybody has any information or experience on how this works and could provide any information I would appreciate it. I have no clue where to begin.......

If this is a self guided deal covering approximately 16 counties where do you begin your search if you do not know someone in that area? Also, since I have never hunted elk where would be a good place to learn how to hunt them?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Got Drawn - Now What?

Hey; That was my question. Never done it. That is why I didn't
    sign up. The Fish and Wildlife was taking them out, and helping with the hunt. Please keep us posted on what happens. Like to try that in the future. Good luck Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you are a lucky dog, he he, I am envious. If I got drawn I would be calling KDFWR and asking questions about maps and other general questions. I would also take a good week and go chase after those tasty critters. You are allowed to take up to 2 helpers with you on your hunt, I highly suggest that you take at least one buddy with you to help pack it out. I would also check out how to quarter it out if you dont know how, basically a big deer.

Post Thanks / Like

You should get an info pack in the mail about your hunt. Where in the state are you located? I am in the eastern part and know where alot of the elk are located.If I can help you in anyway just let me know. Good huntin !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am located in Lexington area, actually Paris. I don't anything about that area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I will help you in away I can.Just let me know....

Post Thanks / Like

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Right now, I have located a few people who seem to know areas where I can find some elk. If it doesn't work out I might be dropping you a line. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Just give me a shout if you need any help.... I will do all I can.... Good huntin....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea, drop me an email at rangerman0520@yahoo.com I have a couple areas I am checking out and would like your thoughts. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

>Just give me a shout if
    >you need any help.... I
    >will do all I can....
    >Good huntin....

Post Thanks / Like

To One Mad Hunter, I put my name and my hunting buddy"s name in for the Elk hunt and he got a at-large cow permit. We do alot of turkey and deer hunting in N.Ky. He got his package in the mail, but it is rather vague on where to hunt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. topiec50@hotmail.com