Search Fishin.com

Thread: dog training

Post Thanks / Like

dog training

I just got a yellow lab last week, she is 8 weeks old. I am looking for someone who trains labs in the Bowling Green area. I have never had a lab before and I would like to find someone to train her for hunting as well as some other basics. So far I have managed to teach her to sit.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: dog training

Labs are the best and the easiest dogs I have ever worked with. I have two a black and a yellow (that is 95% white cream color) They live to please you. The basics are really easy all you have to do is work with them 15-30 minutes a day, make over and love on them when they do something right. One thing I would suggest be very careful on scolding while training do not raise your voice much just change the tone. Both of mine just melt and shy away bad if I rasie my voice much at all. I found it easier to change the tone and shorten the commands. They do not seem to be like pointers who I have found to be very hardheaded. I have a friend that trains but no where near the area you are asking about I will check with him and see if he can give me the name of someone that he he would trust for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I appreciate that. If you find out anything you can email me at atwood@hillviewbaptist.net

Post Thanks / Like

Pastorbass,

Sorry he did not know anyone around your area. He did suggest that you work with the dog starting now on the basics. He told me he would check to see if he could find someone in your area, but would make no promises.