Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Baiting for Turkey?

2 weeks before the season fall shotgun came in we had at least 30 turkey on our land and then a week before the season I quit seeing them. As I walked down to where I hunt last saturday I could hear at least 3 other people (not on our land, but close) calling for turkey. I have went everyday and still not seen/heard any turkey I'm pretty sure one of the other land owners are baiting for them. Is there anything I can do about this or is it just hopeless?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Baiting for Turkey?

call the game officer in your county and notify them of the situation and point him in their direction. Your allowed to bait turkey (i think dont hold me to it) thirty days before season opens. the only thing they could/would say is they put the corn out for the deer. this might work or not but id give it a try, he might show up with them hunting over top of the corn you never know. hope ypu solve this problem and get the turkeys back to your side

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Baiting for Turkey?

If they are taking turkey while hunting for deer over bait that is ILLEGAL. Baiting for deer is not and as long as you do not shoot a turkey that walks up you are not a violator while hunting over bait. It is only illegal to TAKE a turkey over bait.