Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Hunting??

Post Thanks / Like

Deer Hunting??

Lets hear some stories I know someones been hunting. We need to get this board rolling like the fishing side.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Deer Hunting??

I agree with you..We need to get this board moving !!!! I got to go on a elk hunt with a guy in october here in ky.Man it was a blast! He ended up with a 6x6 bull.I have got one doe with a bow and have educated a few more !!!! Maybe after this weekend we will get to hear a few more stories. Good huntin !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here goes hunting southern Indiana with my 3 son's on Saturday
    my youngest got a 10 point buck field dessed 180 LB day 2 I got a 9 point field dressed 170 LB day 3 my middle son got a 10 point dessed 165 all were in the peak of the rutWe are still watching 2 big ones but as of yet noboy has got close enough for a shot My oldest missed a 12 pointer on Sunday afternoon the wind is not bothering them but with sever weather today we are staying in hoping this cold front and cold weather coming in will get them moving more have not seen many does but 2 of those buck's had nose to the ground loooking and these were all were taken within a hour of sunrise
    Good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

I saw seven does and 2 bucks saturday morning with one buck being a nice 8pt. but Ive seen bigger so I held out. Saturday night I saw a six pointer and that was it. Sunday evening I saw to spikes, everyone else I hunt with saw more bucks than does but were small. The wind was hard but in my favor, Im thinking of going wed. evening if I do Ill give a report.

Post Thanks / Like

I had seen several deer over the weekend, 2 bucks and 3 doe's. The biggest story is that some sorry, low rent, no good for nothing piece of crap stole our ladder stand. The stand cost $80 which is not alot but, the fact that they came onto private land to do this really gets me hot under the collar. I'm taking this as a cheap reminder that you need to be careful with your property no matter what it is. Be careful out there..

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you 100% I had a hanging stand stole they got to it some how there were no steps left in the tree as I always take them out when I leave and they cut the lock off of the chain they must have been really hard up and this was on private property also

Post Thanks / Like

I had a stand stolen a couple of years ago that was locked on. They took the bolts out and took the stand but left the chain. They must have been carrying tools with them and their intentions when they came into the woods was to steal a stand.

Post Thanks / Like

I went tonight and saw just one deer a small 8pt. it was making a scrap in behind me, I rattled him a little closer but then he wondered off. I would have not shot him anyways I thought Id see how he would react to a rattle and grunt. Heard just about 5 five shots this evening. Did anyone else get out tonight? Boy that moon sure is bright big and perfectly round, Id say their still up feeding at night.

Post Thanks / Like

1)We had a button buck and some does last night. What is the stage of the rut in central KY? We can't tell for sure anyone have an opinion?
    2)I hesitate to install any cameras in the field due to these punks that seem to roam the woods. Man, i still can't believe this is an issue we have to consider when hunting on private land!

Post Thanks / Like

The rut is in full swing. From what I can tell all the mature deer are locked up with does. Still seeing the little bucks cruising but not the good deer. A friend of mine actually got to watch a doe get bred on tuesday. Still never have actually got to see that. I have the same fears you do on the cameras.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Went Saturday night and saw lots of does and a button buck. I went ahead and took a doe, the bucks sure wasnt after any does that night. I saw as many as I ever have, I couldnt believe how many there were. My uncle (that hunts in another county) said he saw to many does to even count them. I heard several shots all night long too. Just thought Id share a little info hope everyone else has as good as time as I did.

Post Thanks / Like

went out Sunday morning saw 6 does together at 90 yards playing around for 20 min then they took off the way they came It was fun to watch but had no chance for a shot Heading out again thanksgiving morning they are calling for snow showers In southern IN should be a good time to hit the woods
    Good luck to all and have a safe and happy thanksgiving