Search Fishin.com

Thread: AK-47

Post Thanks / Like

AK-47

Anyone have a AK-47 for sale? Have a buddy thats looking to buy one, and doea anyone have any comments about this gun. (quailty,target shooting,just for playing around)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: AK-47

You can get an SKS (Chinese variant of the AK) at about any gun show, good luck getting an AK unless you have the FFL to buy one as it is an automatic. There are about 50 other rifles that are lighter and a heck of a lot more accurate to be used for hunting if you want it for that. Other than just goofing off and spraying lead I would say there are better rifles out there.

Post Thanks / Like

The SKS is NOT a variant of the AK. The SKS pre-dated the AK and is as an accurate rifle as the AK. The only problems that I have found with BOTH the SKS and the AK is that they are both the victim of a really rough trigger, but I think that you can get the trigger reworked by a gunsmith to make it a lot smoother. Yoy DO NOT have to settle for a fully automatic rifle to get the AK. There are a lot of AK versions (Russian, Hungarian, Romanian, etc.) in a semi automatic configuration available on the market and are readily available. I own both an SKS and an AK semi and enjoy shooting both of them. My AK is a Romanoan and the SKS is an actual Chinese military surplus rifle that I have had for over 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Most Aks are not automatic they are semi-auto and require no special liscense. The ak and the sks both shoot 7.62x39 mm ammo and are equally accurate. The Ak has a rotating bolt and a removable clip/magazine which is a better system than the sks, although with little trouble the sk's can be modified for removable clips. They are ballistically on par with a 30-30 and are good reliable, fun and inexpensive guns to own and shoot...I own 2 sks and 1 ak-47.