Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed Antlers!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Shed Antlers!!

Flippinstick, same here, I've looked my butt off with nothing but a 2 year old chewed up shed to show for it. I'm gonna wait another week and and try again. I firmly believe that areas with heavy concentrations of coyotes such as where I look hurts finding sheds. I have talked to several fellows who say the coyotes pick up the sheds and take them to their dens to chew on and eat, just like a dog would do on a bone. I have a buddy who has saw two coyotes on his property carrying sheds in their mouths.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats cool I never thought of it that way, makes sense. Ive seen alot of does here lately its almost like its gun season again the bucks are hiding out. Or their ashamed that their headgear is gone and they feel like females. Keep me posted as Ill do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Got One!!

I finally found one today, and a nice one at that. It is a 5 side so a 10 if the other side is the same. I guessed the inside spread to be about 17-18" wide, and the longest tine was 9" and thick all over. It had some nice mass to it. What a relief to find one, its been tough so far.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Got One!!

Good job Flippinstick, did it look real fresh?

Post Thanks / Like

I have found two more since my last post, just some small 4 pointers that would have been 8 pointers if Id found both sides. My buddy and me went out today and he found a pile of bones with the skull still there. It was a thick non-typical spike with one side 14" and the other 11" long, one side made a "S" bend and at the base it had all sorts of weird turns and indentions. Ive never seen anything like this before, it was pretty ugly. It was already bleached white from the sun. I couldnt believe it.