Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Big Bass Cash question?

How can you have a replica of the winning fish at the ramp the same day knowing it was going to be a smallmouth over 5 lbs.And did anyone see the fish the day of the weigh in alive.There is alot of rumors floating around.Just thought i would ask what alot of people are thinking. Thats a really nice fish for the Ohio. Just asking,nothing impplied. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Big Bass Cash question?

10incher,

Although I consider your post just an attempt to stir trouble, I will answer it, then send alerts to the rest of the moderators and let them decide what should be done.

If you read the post by Jim Dicken, he said he had a mount that was given to him from a company as an example of their work. He carried that with him to the weighins. He said it was not an exact replica of the fish that was caught, but happened to be close, so he gave the fish to Danny. It was not the bigbasscash folks.

Rumors are just that, rumors. Sounds to me like jealousy that someone did well, and someone else didn't.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Rumors are for people that only read what they want to read and not what is actually being said....I'm locking the post.

Post Thanks / Like

The Replica Belonged to me. It was given to me about 3 years ago by AmericanFishTaxidermy.com in exchange for ads on FGHP.com.. As I said at the Presentation.
    The fish was a replica of a fish I caught on Dale Hollow, but when Danny had to release his Biggest Smallmouth Ever, and considering it was VERY close to the color and size of my fish, I decided to give him the Replica. I can always get another. We could not do that for Danny since the fish was only photographed and was not measured.
    If you have any questions I still have the small plaque that was attached to the fish with my name on it.
    It was simply a gesture on my part which in retrospect I should have considered more carefully knowing the mentality of some people to find a conspiract with any such coincidence. Still I would have given Danny that Replica. It was so close in color and size I do not believe he could have gotten one anywhere else any better, and I wanted him to have something tangible OTHER than the check to remember the tournament by.
    Jim Dicken
    PS.. you will find AmericanFishTaxidermy.com all over FGHP.com on my State Links Pages and on many of the state pages, as well as on an article I wrote for Fishin.com. I felt they deserved some recognition so that is another reason I gave him the Replica.

Post Thanks / Like

Your post is inflamatory. Ever heard of a weigh in station at Cox's Park all day long for three days. Ever heard of a lie detector test. I apologize in advance for the sarcasm but I must include it.

You say, "Just asking, nothing implied" Hog wash. You spelled it out.

I'm going to leave the post up (locked).

My mistake here, which I must make, is replying to this post at all.

Hey, I guess you could have a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 pound smallmouth and largemouth replica made in advance to give to the winner, but so what! What in the muddy Ohio River does that have to do with anything.

No good deed goes unpunished. Jim Dicken's gift was a selfless act. Thanks Jim. It added a lot to the presentation.

Peter Maloney (fishin.com)