Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing licence

dullhook Guest

fishing licence

any input on fishing licence increase?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: fishing licence

well you got one more year of the old price then we will pay more or not fish. we just keep paying more and more,ramp fees,licence,gas, what are you going to do but pay.

Post Thanks / Like

well looks like we,ll pay, smile and keep on fishing. just like we did with the ramp fees and the gas prices and anything else they are going to put on us. you gotta love this sport.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to make anyone angry,and Know this don't pertain to
    Kentucky, But I moved out here from out west and a resident Fishing license would cost you $18 and you would have to take out a small loan if you were a non resident $120. you would also pay $12 to launch a boat. Since I have been out here I have always thought the fee's were pretty low. I don't mind paying a little extra for License and ramp fee's if they would bring more
    facilties to the lakes such as more and better ramp access/cable drawn docks for high water situations, restrooms,not J-Jons etc,etc,etc. Thats my take on this subject. Tight-Lines LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

As you may recall, I was recently laid off. I've also been reorganized now out of two jobs I was told I would have gotten had it not been for new reorgs... so you know I am not a wealthy man.

As for the increase, I'm not that concerned. I mean think of it, a $5 increase for 365 days. That's 1.4¢ per day. So, start saving a couple of cents per day now, and you won't have any problem paying that increase!!!

Now to the serious side, the article I read reported a serious deficit in spending vs. intake, so I am really surprised the increase is not going into place until 2007. I would have supported a 2006 increase.

Danny

PS, the main thing is I probably won't be able to afford to pay the gas to go fishing. The boat is paid for, but the fuel isn't. And yes, I am saving now to pay for fishing later.

Post Thanks / Like

I support the increase...

KDFWR is just like everyone else when it comes to being hit by the ridiculous rising cost of natural gas and oil. It truly TRULY stumps me as to why gas goes up twenty cents per gallon in the blink of an eye but it only comes down one penny at a time...it's not like a tanker just dropped a new load of fuel at the gas station that cost more to produce...the prices rise on the fuel that's already in place un the underground tanks!!! Oh well, this is still the best country to live in by far...isn't it?

One last word of thought, I too am surprised they're waiting until 2007 to encrease the license fee's...

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, I look at the price per day a little different than you do, but it basically the same concept. I do the price per pound of fish I catch and eat or give to my family members to eat. I figure that 1.4 cents per pound is not too much to pay to help people avoid a grocery store now and then seeing that it probably costs more to drive to the store. I agree that the money will be well worth spending a year from now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Donger,

If I figured it by pound of fish I catch, well let's just say I would definately come out in the hole!!!!

LOL

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Cost per pound this year...
    Lets see.. I went fishing 3 times. I caught 3 fish weighing a total of 5 pounds.. $15.00 divided by 5 = $3.00 a pound. Then I threw them back.
    On the other hand a friend from Alaska sent me Crab Legs and Salmon and Halibut Steaks overnite and I got those for free.. so lets see..
    Oh I was just trying to make everyone jealous about the freebies..LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Fishbum,

You may have caught more fish than I, lol, but let's look at it another way.

Suppose you are stressed. You need psychiatric help. A therapist will cost you $50 per hour. You fish three times, for the sake of argument, let's say you fished 8 hours each of those trips. Then the R&R was 24 hours, at $15. That comes to 62.5¢ per hour. Not too bad at all, is it??

An anylist can always find a way to justify anything you need justifying. LMAO

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Will everyone be so jovial when it goes to 25$, 30$, 40$ +++....?I guess I'm just a little suspicious about a 33% increase. I understand the need to raise the price, everything is going up-- what I don't understand is why it has to go up at such a brisk rate. Wouldn't a couple bucks seemed more reasonable? Like everything else, it's based on what the market will bare. I'll keep paying and fishing just like most everyone else but I wonder how many people are now going to choose not to pay. Will the extra 5$ go for more F&G Officers? If I knew the extra money were going to good causes like ramp maitenence and building courtesy docks I would happily pay more. Bah Humbug!!! I'm off my rant now.

Post Thanks / Like

i fish both ky. and tenn. and the tenn. license
    went up 55% in on year. None of that money has not never went to the lakes in my surrounding area. They know they got us no matter how high the license go. because we are gonna fish no matter what the cost is.just like the gas prices.