Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

College Smashmouth Fishing???

Congratulations to the UK fishing team!! Unfortunately, they did not win, but it was great to see our great university represented.

However, I do question the name of the show. Smashmouth?? Seems ESPN wants to dirty everything up. I didn't see any smashmouth trash talking going on.... thank goodness, but I did only see the last ten minutes of the show. It was being shown at about 6:00 A.M., and I just happened to stumble upon the show. It was ESPNU that was showing the tournament.

I was encouraged that they were saying they would like to see more of these tournies. It would be great to see the colleges begin to compete.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: College Smashmouth Fishing???

Thanks Danny, they are planning for another tourney in the spring/summer just gotta plan around the tour. We will be avenged! and there wasnt any trash talking, all the guys involved we TOP class. The next tourney is supposed to be 20 teams or so, so its getting big. And even though its great that ESPN is doing it, they are pulling some of their usual stuff, but, Ill play ball, at least until I graduate in May

Post Thanks / Like

Coach Hall

Congrats UK! I had the pleasure of meeting the UK bass team last month and can attest that they are all top notch student athletes. Also, Tommy Hall, their coach, is a great coach and truly has the anglers best interests in mind as he leads the team. It's very seldom that you hear a college coach of any sport PREACH and DEMAND getting good grades from their athletes, but Tommy has done this from day 1 with his team. Well done Tommy and keep up the good work!