Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishin.com Tournament

Just a thought, but, I think everyone that would like to have a fishin.com tournament here in central kentucky should post a message supporting the idea, and maybe they might have enough people respond to have a tournament. I think there should be one early this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishin.com Tournament

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-06 AT 10:07PM (EST)[/font][p]I support it, I'd love to have one on Cedar, Green, C-land, ect,ect. It could be a braggin' or $$$$ either is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd support one even though I don't live in Central Ky anymore. One good thing about Cedar Creek is that after nobody catches a keeper we can all go swimming at the new beach (What a waste) I believe I read somewhere that the abundance of suntan oil in the water makes all the fish grow to the size of LUNKERS.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

The beer cans and bottles will help out alot too...<))><

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't have a boat anymore, I'd love to go where ever you guys/gals wanted to hold the Fishin.com Tournament and put it on. I'm sure I could get someone to invite me to be their partner.

What about it fishin.com members ...when/where would you like to have it this year ? It's been at Barren the last 2 years,want to go someplace else this year ?

How about Laurel Lake ...Lake Cumberland ...Ky Lake ...???

Whats your choice ?

Hey Jim, I know you're trucking again, but are you home most weekends ?

Post Thanks / Like

I would shoot for the first week in October on Ky Lake. With 700 boats in 2 tournaments I'm sure there will be plenty of room.
    geobass

Done in jest

Post Thanks / Like

Beer Bellies, that is the ticket to growing Lunkers in Cedar Creek, and all this time I was stupid enough to think they would grow on their own. I can see it now, somebody catching a 12 pounder at Cedar Creek then stuffing a 6 pack down its gullet (they can use the suntan oil for lubrication) to get the new state record (I guess this will work as long as they don't use Lite Beer)

I used to live in Frankfort and would talk to my Brother In Law about how great it was going to be to have Cedar Creek, The Lunker Lake of Kentucky, within an hours drive of our houses. Both of our sons are 2 and we just could not wait to let them cut their teeth at Cedar Creek. No idiot boats on the lake to make it as dangerous as others. Good chance to catch a PIG in about 5 years. We even have a bet to see which son makes the cast, sets the hook, and lands his first 5 pounder. Then 2 things happen, I move away (but will be back in 2007) and Cedar Creek becomes beachfront property. Only a matter of time before lakefront homes are built and personal docks will be everywhere. All because somebody did not have enough patients to let the lake sit another year or so before opening and now the lake is not bringing in enough revenue to support itself. Why?? Because the fish##### because somebody opened the doors too soon and it never got a chance to develop any kind of system on its own. When I was in Frankfort and scheduled my trips to fish, I wanted to go some place where there are fish. Yes I went to Cedar Creek (3 times total) and yes I heard about the 100 fish days that people had in the very beginning??????????? I have to think all those 100 fish days by all those anglers did nothing to help this lake. Lake has FISH, Lake has COVER, Lake has GRASS, LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE. Lake does not need a beach for swimmers they make Pools and Herrington(No dis-respect to Herrington but it was not toughted as the next Lunker Lake of KY).

I am now OFFICIALLY off my soapbox and just 48 short hours away from making my first FNF cast at KY Lake for the BIGUNS. Took out the map last night and marked 20 different spots with my top 5 photographed in my memory. Put in way before daylight run to my #1 spot, make that first cast (plop jig in water behind me, plop bobber and jig lands in front of me), bobber lays on it side as the Duck Jig slowly sinks to the desired depth, bobber stands up, bobber turns on it side and I ask myself is it on bottom??? is it hung on a piece of grass or other structure???? or did the BIGUN come up from underneath and ##### in the jig and continued to rise a little in the water colum to take the tension off my bobber to make it lay on it side again??????? SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!! YOU BIG IDIOT FOR HOOKSETS ARE FREE AND YOU ARE NOW BRINGING IN THE BIGUN.

Tight Lines

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

If it's decent driving range for me, I'd be for a tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

Im all for fishing one on Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to fish one as a non-boater.... Preferably somewhere in central KY.

Keep on chuckin'

Post Thanks / Like

Why not Herrington? It's full of fish!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Consider yourself invited!!!!!

SR, you know I have an empty seat with your name on it. Heck, I'll even keep the sit down seat on the back just for you...LOL I know you have gotten used to sitting on that ATV and standing will be out of the question now!!

I love the KY/Barkley locations, but just as Dale and Cumberland are way too far east for me, I figure KY/Barkley is the same for others. Barren is good, but so would Nolin. Moutidier has a nice park right there at the ramp, and the lake is plenty big enough for us.

In retrospect though, we do need to move it from Barren, Fransis will be tough to beat again. LOL..

Danny