Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Conditions

Have fished the Dale for 17 years...the warm weather got my attention today...I was wondering how the ole' Dale Hollow veterans are doing right now? Water seems a little warmer than average according to reports...anybody doing a little good over there?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dale Hollow Conditions

My reports are it's VERY slow right now due to this weather...March will be here soon:)

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Dale last Friday in the upper portions, in the mouths of some of the rivers and creeks and ran into some muddy water. Fished for crappie for most of the day and caught several but mostly small ones. Did try the float and fly, spinners, and minnows for smallies in both dingy and clear water with one decent spot to show for it. Tuesday went and fished for smallies around the dam area, and although it was a more clear, it was still not as clear as should be in this area, for this time of year. Fished bluffs, points and all the way back in some of the large coves or creeks, with no luck. I did managed to catch many small trout that were caught and released. All these came on float and fly with small jigs in the back of some of the coves. I spent more time doing this than I should have but at least I was catching fish. Good way to practice throwing the float and fly. I fished around the dam from 7-2:30pm and seen only one boat and he was moving and going up the lake. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a good web site showing Dale Hollows current lake level and water temp.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also getting the slow reports....Mother Nature may you her a boost in the next 10 days...

Redneckshadrap
    www.thecreekbank.com
    redneckshadrap@insightbb.com

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out for water temp and Dale's lake level.
    (http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/pao/lakeinfo/DAL.htm)

SSKY Guest

Fished today, FnF and jigs, D-E-D dead, Fish bit like Ghandi, No bites whatsoever. Do Loons taste good?they were everywhere,just joking.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Hollow on Monday and had a fair day. We boated 6 smallmouths and had two big fish pull off after long fight. We also boated at least a dozen trout. When we found the trout we found the bait and found the smallmouth. The biggest in the boat was close to four pounds. I fished the lower end from the dam to Long Branch. All but two of the fish were in the center of cuts towards the back. We fished the FnF anywhere from 10 to 12 feet. Took most on Duck with Chart. belly and blue back. My own creation. One one duck with Fin S. Fished from 11:00 to dark. Hope to go back soon.