Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf creek dam water levels

Was planning on heading to the dam on Wednesday morning but checked the generation schedule and it looked like they were fixin to run the generators wide open. I’m not a pro at reading those schedules or really knowing what they mean but from what I read it was my best guess. Anyone been down there or have looked at the genoration schedule and can tell me if it would even be worth going? Was planning Wednesday morning but don’t wanna drive from Frankfort to The dam just to find out it’s blown out. Any help would be great! Thanks y’all

Post Thanks / Like

Levels

Looks like 1600cfm , that is a very safe level to run a boat, and it looks like it will be a consistent flow today. Bank fishing may be a little difficult with the speed of the flow but still do-able. Good luck

Thats 16000 not 1600
    Last edited by stripernut1; 12-26-2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Mistake

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats 16000 not 1600

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay great! We will be on the bank actually just trout fishing as well as throwing some jigs for some sauger and walleye. Just wanted to make sure it was going to be worth the trip Wednesday morning. I appreciate your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Burkesville

Its blown out down here. High and muddy but not as much floatsom as yesterday.
    Hope to be able to fish tomorrow also. Just doesn't look promising right now. Can
    see the river out my living room window. There are a few fish feeding on top occasionally.
    Hungry for a sauger dinner.
    Likes GeoFisher, PRO V LE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    Its blown out down here. High and muddy but not as much floatsom as yesterday.
    Hope to be able to fish tomorrow also. Just doesn't look promising right now. Can
    see the river out my living room window. There are a few fish feeding on top occasionally.
    Hungry for a sauger dinner.
    If it’s blown out in Burkesville ya reckon it’d be pretty bad right up at the dam? We’re comin from frankfort so I’d hate to make that drive and just see it not be fishable. But sure would love to make the trip down

Post Thanks / Like

Levels

No its not blown out at the dam. The reason it gets blown out and muddy down stream is all the tributaries that flow in , most coming from farmlands . There arent any tributaries coming into the river up at the dam umtil yoi get to the mouth of hatchery creek and old hatchery creek.
    You just dont get "instant color" at the dam unless the lake gets muddy, and thats extremely rare.
    Ok so nuff internet fishin, im out the door to go do some "reel fishin" ...get it....reel...not real...ok im otta here
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    No its not blown out at the dam. The reason it gets blown out and muddy down stream is all the tributaries that flow in , most coming from farmlands . There arent any tributaries coming into the river up at the dam umtil yoi get to the mouth of hatchery creek and old hatchery creek.
    You just dont get "instant color" at the dam unless the lake gets muddy, and thats extremely rare.
    Ok so nuff internet fishin, im out the door to go do some "reel fishin" ...get it....reel...not real...ok im otta here
    Good luck and thanks so much for your explanation!! Good luck let us all know how ya do!

Post Thanks / Like

Burkesville

River color is much better today. But it is very high.
    Likes PRO V LE liked this post