Well guys I have been trying to find more information on Billy Westmoreland over the past couple of years and I finally hit the jackpot. I inqured to several people trying to find copies of Billy's shows without any success. I did run across a man that gave me Billy's sisters email address and I sent her an email a few weeks back. Her name is Sue and she replied to me the other day. She is in the process of moving from California to Hawaii. She gave me some really good information and said that she had forwarded my email to her and Billy's brother, Bobby. She also said she had several tapes that her son had shot with Billy and would let me borrow them when she found them after unpacking in Hawaii. Bobby emailed me soon thereafter with his phone and cell numbers. I called him and spoke with him for a few minutes but he did not have much time to talk. He called me back today and we spoke for over an hour. Bobby is still living in Celina and is currently building an apartment complex. He told me several stories about Billy and him when they were growing up together. He also told me that fishing was how they made money back when they were in high school. He said it was nothing for them to go out and catch enough Smallmouth to have over 50 POUNDS OF FILLETS, that they would sale to the local restaurants. How many pounds of Smallmouth does it take to end up with over 50 pounds of fillets. Made me wonder just how many 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 pounders were caught back then. Bobby said the day Billy caught his biggest which was over 10 pounds, Bobby had landed 2 over 8 and 1 over 9 earlier that day but "Billy had to beat me as usual". Said Billy never got excited or anything over the 10 pounder. How many big fish does a man have to catch in his life to not get excited over a 10 pound Smallmouth. Bobby talked about them fishing together from daylight to dark and easily catch over 100 smallies a day with most of them over 3 pounds. Said that there was many times when they would quit because there arms and hands were sore. Bobby said that minnows were the bait of choice back then all year around. Said them Smallies "Just loved them minners". Bobby said it was nothing for Billy to be out rowing the boat guiding all day and bring back his client to the dock only to see some kid fishing from the bank and put him in the boat and take him out fishing. Bobby said Billy's heart was as big as his boat. Bobby said that all of Billy's fishing material had been confiscated by his widow and nobody had seen it since. Billy's widow and Billy's family do not speak over several things that I will not repeat. Bobby said all of his stuff could be at the bottom of the lake, could have been burned or could end up on Ebay some day. I had a very enjoyable conversation with Bobby and when I mentioned that I was coming down next week for 4 days to fish he invited me for supper. I accepted and we will be eating dinner together at his house Wednesday night. Can't wait to hear more about the GREATEST SMALLMOUTH FISHERMAN EVER, and from what I know an absolute Great Man to boot. I have said this before on this site, all of you that knew Billy were lucky. I only wish I was as lucky for I have a passion about catching Smallmouth and can only think how big Billy's passion was, for he pretty much devoted his life to the Smallies. I can't wait to get to Dale Hollow next week to chase "Them Ol Brownfish"

Tight Lines