Search Fishin.com

Thread: fishing line

Post Thanks / Like

fishing line

Is there a difference between Stren and Trilene? I know that Triline bought Stren and I have always liked Stren better than Trilene. So my question is, is the line all the same now or is there still a difference? Thanks Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: fishing line

I doubt it. When one company buys another they usually leave everything about the same. Berkley would have to double production at plants if it made line for both. Both are good lines though. Each company makes several different lines with different properties and color combinations so having all that done at one company would be highly unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

I myself use Trilene. Last year I bought a spool of Stren 17# and I could tell a big difference in the 2 lines. I am goin with Trilene. However this season I was told that Bass Pro Shops has upgraded the Excel line so I just respooled all my reels with it to try it out. I like trying different stuff and it would save me some money if the excell works out. I do notice thet the sxcel is still larger in Diameter than Trilene XL. I will see how it fish's.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy uses the BPS Excel and likes it a lot. I mainly use Trilene Big Game or XL. I tried Berkley Vanish Transition this past weekend while I was in FL. I spooled 10 lb on a spinning reel but didn't care for it much. It's kind of stiff, didn't cast real well and I had to pick knots out of it two or three times. Does anyone have an opinion about Vanish Transition on a baitcaster?

As for Stren, I've never been fan. I'm a Trilene guy all the way.