Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IKE gets a DQ

Post Thanks / Like

RE: IKE gets a DQ

Those kentucky boys are doing pretty well.

I didn't say it was wrong I just wanted to get your alls feeling on it. To me BASS may not have a rule on it but if you do something illeagal then that is unsportsman like, and that is in BASS rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Culling a dead fish on national tv,what a great representative for our sport.I'm so sick of this guy's bs and sick of all his supporters too!When the gq article came out he had all kinds of guys on this site defending him and singing his praises,wonder if they still feel the same way about him,they probably do and thats a shame cause he makes us all look bad.In the pittsburgh classic last summer he was shown fishing right beside a no fishing sign and in the 04 classic he was dq'd for fishing in an area that was out of bounds,it never ends with this guy.I'm actually surprised that espn showed him throwing back that dead fish,thats really poor judgement on their part,talk about giving the sport a black eye!?!

Post Thanks / Like

all in all coverage wasnt all that good,and yea not showing the weigh ins of the top weights,thats just plain dumb.its a fishing contest not a popularity contest.

Post Thanks / Like

He won't loose any sponsers. It will put him out there more than ever now. I don't think his sponsers will mind a bit.

I was going to save the Gulp commercial for another thread. WOW! It could have at least been funny or something. I don't know to many other fisherman out there who care to see a naked fisherman selling fishing bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I put the gulp out there and ruined a good thread. Just my luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this thread will be nice and lively tomorrow as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well.........as ya'll know I've been a big Ike fan and supporter. However, this is a different situation. I absolutely do not agree with his choices this time around. As popular as he is and with the coverage he gets, he should have known better. Not to say it would be OK for those of us who would do it unbeknownst to anybody but it is especially wrong on national t.v.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he figured he was out of the hunt so to speak and blew up. You may lose a few oz for a dead fish but, it is no reason to act like a 3 year old. I think he was not catching the fish he wanted and could not deal with it and took his frustration out on a light pole. Worst of all it had an American Flag on it. Just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like

Any real surprises here? ESPN and it's "pretty boys" sure have added to the quality of BASS. What's next, exciting coverage of their pets pissin' off the back of the boat just to make it more reality driven and extreme?

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-06 AT 10:51PM (EST)[/font][p]myself personally i think it was a bad call to D Q him for unsportsman ship because he got mad and threw a fit.

If they were really that concerned about it they should have DQ'ed the "G" man and Zell Rowland for the spectical they put on last year when they were both fishing under the same bridge using curse words, "G' man throwing his rod down then running over to Zell starting an argument. Both men cursing and then showing Zell smoking on tv.

Real good example to set for our young angler's

But hey they are trynig to make it LIKE NASCAR right.

I like ike because he came up through the federation and is now in the big show.

I'm not really taking up for him though. I just think everyone should be treated the same.

anyway leaving sunday morning going the cali. to fish stern series tourn at CLEAR LAKE. HOPE I COME BACK WITH SORE ARMS.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guy's first of all the coverage was billed as an update!!! Not an actual show like the super bowl . The show will come on I think in two weeks.
    SECOND Love him or hate him Ike is a PUNK !!! No if ands or buts. In the tournament that he was leading going into the final day and ended up losing , when it was his turn for the camera it was " F" this and "F " that . A d#@m Yankee that needs to grow up. Or still yet watch a few of the old timers and learn from them on how to act.

Post Thanks / Like

Ike's negative remark towards the inoperative live well system on the Triton boat sure didn't help the situation at all. Badmouth one of the organization's biggest sponsers and you are sure to pay the price someway or another. He knows that the spotlight is always on him, but still continues to show himself as a Yankee brat. Some think that this can be considered as a black eye on ESPN, but I don't think their stockholders see it that way. They are only seeing the all mighty dollar as the controversey grows. Sounds alot like NASCAR!

GO RICK CLUNN!!!!!

remember... eatsleepfish