Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IKE gets a DQ

Post Thanks / Like

RE: IKE gets a DQ

i'm not an Ike fan and i agree that he has helped bring young and new fans to our sport but, dead fish or not, he broke off his safty equipment in anger, some role model, he needs to be DQed. maybe the cameras will be rolling when he break dances one day and hangs himself on half dozen treble hooks that will be a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like

The trebble hook thing WILL happen in time. Good prediction!

Post Thanks / Like

>OH WELL

I think the classic on day one stinks!!! awful coverage and I wish they would have showed the big sacks. I think IKE needs to go back to FLW and fish whole lot better events. He shouldnt have been DQ. What ever the state law says should rather if your able to cull dead fish or not. I hope it has better coverage tomorrow night. I would rather watch FLW anyday even tho there is alot of great fisherman in the big classic.

Post Thanks / Like

>OH WELL

Ike is a ranger man and if he was in a ranger this would not have happened. he should be able to speak his mind and say what he wants I like Ike great fisherman. But it seems like he is always getting DQ for something in the classics.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing ethics

As I've stated before, I don't care for Ikes image and TV bravato, I'm more conservative. BUT culling a dead fish is not right ethically and he should have known it was not right, no matter the state law or BASS rule. When you catch a fish and it dies that counts as 1 fish in your limit, no matter how it died or what the specific rule in BASS. He should have kept the fish and took the dead fish penalty.

AS far as the tirade goes, completely uncalled for. C'mon the whole sport suffers from that kind of behavoir and it's in the best interest of ALL the pros to do the right thing, especially on camera, to make the sport grow and not tarnish an image that has in recent months been tarnished enough already with tied up fish, fish boxes, etc.

I'm a former "yankee" too and I do not care one iota for Ikes behavoir, but he is still one heck of talented angler. I just wish he would give up the BS image he puts on for the camera and let his fishing to the talking. What is that now, DQ'd from 2 out of the last 4 Classics for Ike? What a clown!

I also don't like the fact that ESPN chooses to show the anglers cussing. Hey we have all cussed at some point while fishing, errant cast, stupid mistake playing a fish, whatever! But I blame ESPN for not editing out the parts that show the guys cussing. And just for the record, I don't blame Zell Rowland for being PO'd affter that stunt Swindel pulled, he showed his true colors that day, what a baby!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishing ethics

bad thing about the dq,he filled a spot of a guy settin at home watchin because he didn't qualify...bet whoever he is he would have appreciated the opportunity to fish enough not to get dq'd.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishing ethics

Jeez let it go, their are 50 other anglers in this tournament with some great weights and big fish coming in, concentrate on that....everyone always looks for and talks about the negative while losing sight of the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Vmaxx >)))^((">

Post Thanks / Like

ESPN and the drama

AH guys, there are so many wrongs here, its hard to even begin. First and foremost, a mental error by not turning the air on would cause me to snap to some extent, possibly throw a fit, especially if 500,000 was on the line. I cant even imagine casting a lure for that amount of $$, there is not telling what I may have broken in that scenario, but thats me. However, like stated earlier, the stars and stripes were envolved here and that is just UNACCEPTABLE, a lot of respect just went by the wayside right? Well, I know some of you don't respect him, but I for one, respect any man who can fish on the pro level and keep his head above water. BUT, who is to blame here? of course the violator, but do you pit all of your anger on him, or ESPN for showing it? same deal with the tourney last year when he went nuts dropping the f-bomb every third word, did they really need to show that. Well, if they want us (fans) to sit around and talk about it then of course they show it. It simply comes down to the direction that ESPN has chosen to take with BASS, they continue to use this beloved NASCAR model for our sport and eventually we will be running down the lake, swappin paint, tryin to get your competition loose and push him in the stump field :). Ike was wrong to disrepest the flag, cut and dry, simple as that. Culling a dead fish, if its against state law then punish him, its not against tourney rules so lets move on. As far as the unsportsmanlike conduct, how bout we let this one slide, keep a $15 light pole on the hush-hush, not make a big scene, keep the center of attention in the tournament for a couple more days and increase our ratings. OR we could DQ him, and set the fishing world on fire with all this DRAMA, and they can talk about it for the next 10 years, thats got to be good for ratings right? Its all about the $$, the game has definately changed right?, but then if you really want to talk about this type of situation, just ask anyone who ever fished a tournament against hank parker, he wasnt exactly an angel on the water, but they never explored his tenacity and competitiveness back in the "good ole days of fishin". Back when the fish would just jump right in the boat. The story hasnt changed, just the cast, and the angle of which television wants to take it at. I dont agree with it, BUT, just gonna have to live with it for a while, or we could just take up golf and talk about tiger a while?
    buzzking

Post Thanks / Like

RE: ESPN and the drama

i have two grandsons,2 and 5 years old and will more than likely be an Ike fan, BASS should hand down fines for cussin' on camara for ANY BASS pro in front of the cameras, like NASCAR. what do ya' think

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 pennies worth!

Ike is a dumb@##. I do not beleive he brings "ANYTHING" to our sport. I have a friend that will disagree because he got to go fish with IKE but I think he screwed up in not pitching his A## overboard. I saw on here that someone mentioned he did not break a B.A.S.S. rule by culing a dead fish. Well to my knowledge, and I could very well be wrong, but you MUST obide by the lake rules unless B.A.S.S. has received permits from Fish and Wildlife to change those rules, i.e. changing the size limit. This would mean that IKE did break a B.A.S.S. rule. Another thing, I would NEVER purchase a product just because I saw him using it or being sponsored by it. He is one I think the sport of bass fishing could do with out!

Best of Luck to all in the 2006 season (except for Ike that is!)
    Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it. he goes way to crazy for me

Post Thanks / Like

if i read it right, ike would just lose his weight for day one. i think he should have all his rods broke in half and sent away to fish in a local mud puddle circuit. Now it is all that we are going to hear about for the rest of the classic.
    i think it is justice that espn/bass's science project has failed and went out of controll, and they were silly enough to show it on national tv.
    it would seem like in the pre tourney meeting it might be brought up that there are going to be cameras everywhere, watch what you do and say. it's not like they didn't have a heads up after the swindle roland thing last year.
    evon my wife, who does not fish and could care less who wins the classic asked why they were showing all the guys with small bags of fish and the leaders didn't get any or little coverage.
    after watching the first part of the classic i can see why the federation and alot of the older guys are leaving to go elsewhere to fish.