Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: IKE gets a DQ

Post Thanks / Like

RE: IKE gets a DQ

Well said ukbassman AMEN!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-06 AT 12:37PM (EST)[/font][p]Well spoken. I hope there are more like you out there. You are the future of this sport.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

There are still some class acts in fishing I use too fish Everstart and BP Top 100s met most of the guy s mendez spelling is a first class guy met him in 95 top 100 on the mississippi river at the pre tourny meeting every day at the weigh in he would look me up to see how the other ky boy was fishing . great guy jeff coble is a nother class act same tourny on the mississippi I drew him we made a long run and he got missed up on the lock time which we missed and had to run over a roller dam to make it back on time he went straight to Dewy kendrick and told him otto DQ DID NOT HURT ME i 0 that day but Jeff had 12 POUNDS fished with Vandam Guido Hibdon Randy FITE MANY MORE all GREAT guys Ike leaves a bad taste im my mouth Darrell

Post Thanks / Like

I cant stand IKE I think he has ruined the sport of bass fishin

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-06 AT 03:19PM (EST)[/font][p]the sport of bass fishing has not been ruined,IMO it is the strongest and most popular than ive ever seen it.ike is not the end of anything or the beggining just an angler that gets alot of cameras on him so you can see more behavior.popularity of this sport has brought bigger winnings and more sponsors than ever before,no one can complain about that...being a guy who is not hip hop,cool or DOWN wit it in any shape or form or nor to i care to be, i was reluctant to ike and the other new breed of fishing at first but hey entertainment is well..entertaining.i still like to see and respect the older more serious fisherman who like to keep to there selves but all in all where would tournament fishing be right now if it was always like that?back with low winnings and no popurlarity,maybe thats what some people want is to keep the fishing phenomeneom to there selfs,well its too late.dont be mad or sad just be glad someone cares enough to even be talking about this.go kentucky boys.

Post Thanks / Like

I BELIEVE ike pland the hole thing so he can come back and show how good he is and win the classic in 2 days

Post Thanks / Like

RE: HE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED

Although he should not have acted like that he should not have been
    disqualified. It is no different then some one throwing down a rod breaking a pole or throwing one in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

He got what he deserved. He miss treated his boats equipment and he culled a dead fish in violation of Florida law. BASS/ESPN will get what they deserve. They made Ike and they will bring him down. Please do not make this a north south thing. I'm from the north near KVD's home and he is a class act. I think it is a east coast or maybe a New Jersey thing.
    Please don't make this a BASS/FLW thing. Both have good points and bad points. How many remember Aaron Martins win at Wheeler in 2002? or 2003 when he was ticketed for fishing without a Alabama fish license. He could never produce it, but FLW gave him $100m for the win. I for one think that this was unsportman like conduct and he should have been Dq'd. But wait he is a ranger guy isn't he? And lets see, Tim Horton was in second and he is a procraft guy. Draw your own conculsions.
    I do not like the way Ike acts. Yes he can fish, but as we all have seen there is so much more than just fishing. And I for one think that ALL of the pros need to act like role models
    geobass

Post Thanks / Like

it was his boat to mess up and if it was a sponsored boat im sure he has the money to pay for it.... its ******** what happened explain to me how it is different from throwing any other kind of temper tantrum

Post Thanks / Like

Mr.Robertson....

I should probably have let your post go, but I just could not.

No, it was not his boat. It was provided for him. Last year in a boat provided for him, he beached it on a concrete river bed in Pittsburgh, and rocked it back an forth, clearly showing no respect for other's property. BASS made a new rule, I call it the "Ike" rule, if a pro damages a provided boat beyond what can be expected in normal wear and tear, then that pro must pay for the repairs. Yes, Ike will have to pay, and he knows it, afterall, it is HIS rule.

Yes he should be DQ'ed for breaking a sportsmanship rule. I personally believe the rule should be even stricter and more spelled out. Most of his, Ike's, supporters say what a great role model he is for YOUNG people. Well, I for one don't think that is the kind of role model people should emmulate.

Finally, if you go to Bassfan.com and go to the dock talk section, there is a link to Scott Laney's latest column. He talks about a youth baseball team he coached, and how their was a rule that they had to keep their tempers. He said that they did for the most part, then goes on to ask why if 7 and 8 year olds can behave, why can't a pro angler who is supposed to consider himself one of the best in the world? Pretty good question, don't you think?

There is no question that there is no way anyone who draws this much attention should act that way. I guess you think Ron Artest should have been allowed to continue playing last year, huh?

Every sport has these rules. Penalties vary. I would have preferred a complete DQ, however this was more like a team getting a 15 yard penalty on the opponents 30 yard line, with only a second left on the clock, being down only one point, and not only being moved out of field goal range, but having the final second run off the clock to make the team in effect, lose the game. I think the penalty was fair.

I respect your right to your opinion, and I hope you respect my rights, as well as the rest of the folks who share them.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I believe if you will check you will find that BASS rules state that all state and federal laws must be obeyed. If you break a state law you have automatically broken a tournament rule.....

Post Thanks / Like

I realize that we all may get frustrated with things that happen on the water and thankfully we don't have television cameras taping the fits that we may throw, but seeing our flag thrown in the water makes me want to throw Ike overboard! God bless our troops.