Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you do for a livin and

Never really gave it much thought, back when I was a teenager. Just wanted to fish & hunt & chase the ladies .... LOL !! (did alot of C&R on the ladies, so now I'm a batchelor that fishes) Started working at UK Med Center Hosp/Pharmacy Dept right out of high school ... drafted a couple of years later, and did overseas duty in South Korea (US Army Quartermaster Corp). Returned to UKMC after discharge .... been there ever since. Registered Pharmacy Technician ... looking to retire next year (if the economy will let me ... LOL !! )

I may have given Game Warden a passing thought, but only that. May have had something to do with the old saying "if you want to fish, don't own a bait store" !!

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted too retire and i made it lol

Post Thanks / Like

Started out as a farmer but had to give it up could not drink that much coffee. Went to work for my father-in-law in manufacturing running the shipping department I’m now President of a vinyl window company.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to be a gigolo. Wound up not being one.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to fly OH-6's for the 160th SOAR. I did manage to become a career pilot (which is a bad thing to be in this economy). BUt thanks to a medical condition, I never got to be an officer in the Army. Instead I do my best to avoid being an airline pilot.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to be a mortician ended up being a Life Ins. Agent helluva thing for a guy with the last name Grave Huh?

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to be a mechanic, was one for about 10 years, then ruptured a disc in my back. Now I am a service writer at a dealership. *shrug* I make more money, but there is a lot more stress involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Always wanted to fly Helicopters...didn't get a good enough grade on the ASVAB. I went in the Army anyway and became an M-1 Tanker. Should have studied like the recruiter said.

Used my Military VEAP bennies for school when I got out of the Army. Now a Manager in a Systems Integration Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to join the Army and retire..I joined the army in 1979 and Retired in 1999....So i did what i wanted and attained my goal........

Not many people can retire at age 37 and set back and smell the roses as they say.......

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to be a professional musician, or maybe go into the newly emerging field of music therapy. Now I'm a systems analyst, working in network operations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Wanted to join the Army and retire..I joined the army in 1979 and Retired in 1999....So i did what i wanted and attained my goal........

Not many people can retire at age 37 and set back and smell the roses as they say.......
    Yep not many at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Yep not many at all.

Retirement only takes 2 things and EVERYBODY has one of them, TIME and MONEY. I have plenty of TIME but absolutely no MONEY