Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you do for a livin and

Well I was going to be a Game Warden, then that changed and I was going to teach woodworking in high school. That changed and I was going to be an architect. But guess what? That changed and in the end I became a career firefighter. I am now retired. Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up I wanted to be a pro baseball player, but couldn't pickup the slider. Ended up spending 27+ years in the military and retired last fall. Now that I'm grown I have to find something new to do!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Wanted to join the Army and retire..I joined the army in 1979 and Retired in 1999....So i did what i wanted and attained my goal........

Not many people can retire at age 37 and set back and smell the roses as they say.......

So far you are the only one that actually ended up doing exactly what they wanted. That is pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    So far you are the only one that actually ended up doing exactly what they wanted. That is pretty cool!
    I noticed that to, way to go Clyde...

Post Thanks / Like

My dad built me a work bench when I was 10 to build my model cars. I was 15 when I started work at a Shell station pumping gas and working on cars, bought my first car a 56 Chevy and installed a 283 Power Pack and 4 speed before I was 16.
    Went to Voc. school and auto college to become a Auto tech. Retired after 35+ years as a ASE master/ L1 auto tech.

Post Thanks / Like

THank u mark and Tim...Yeah Army Life was my goal and i loved every minute of it...But you know when I retired...I never once gave it a second thought as to missing what i actually did.....Just glad I made it through to Retire and Proud that I served my Country......

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to join the Marines as an MP then become a state trooper. Marines wanted me to be in infantry so I declined. Ended up as a telecommunications tech.

Post Thanks / Like

I was born to be a Marine and I was. Left the military after 12 years for what I thought was greener pastures and after 5 years found the grass is not always greener. Went back to the military and retired from there after another 14 yrs (26 yrs total). Decided then after trying a couple of things for short time, that I wanted to fish for a living...so I have been doing that for some years now and I don't plan on quitting this totally until my body says "no more".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    I was born to be a Marine and I was. Left the military after 12 years for what I thought was greener pastures and after 5 years found the grass is not always greener. Went back to the military and retired from there after another 14 yrs (26 yrs total). Decided then after trying a couple of things for short time, that I wanted to fish for a living...so I have been doing that for some years now and I don't plan on quitting this totally until my body says "no more".
    I wish there was a LIKE button on here............

first of all........thank you for your service to your country.........

second of all........thank you for your service to your fellow fisherman.

third of all..........thank you for the information you continually share on this great site......I only wish I could have put some of that knowledge to use this past weekend.

I think I need a Dave Stewart refresher course , cause according to all my friends......I ****.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

You should have called me like you had planned....a good pattern emerged on Friday and lasted thru the weekend with the lakes having leveled...but the TVA is gonna start dropping the lakes tomorrow and that pattern is gonna disappear when they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I should have...............that is why my friends say I ****............

I will DEFINITELY call the next time.

I'm headed back down in 2 weekends...........I added that trip yesterday, as a bonus .

Later,

Geo