Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Can'tfigure out how to tax me.

Local PVA didn't send me a registration notice, but qustions about what the heck kinda boat I got. DUHHHHH! They have the titles on file when originally registerer. They wanted me to "come in and discuss". Since they aren't paying my wages I figure hey didn't take any discussion to milk me the first time around. So shot them an email with the boat and trailer Vin's and how to look it up on Nada. And Also told them I need proof of any other Raider boat in KY before they can base value on average market value. If none bought or sold here used, then the best they have as data is low retail.

By the way, Hardin County can't figure out what a EZ loader trailer is, even though there's a dealer in E-town, 10 blocks arom the PVA office. DUHHHHH!

This is fun. If you see me out running with Indiana Bow Numbers, you can surmize I could not educate the KY people.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can'tfigure out how to tax me.

I had a similar problem with my 1978 crawdad boat. We dicussed it and agreed to value it at my purchase price (in 1978) of $100.00 minus 10% per year of depreciation to a base value of $25.00 (current assessed value).

So you may try that with them.

Current value is purchase price minus 10% depreciation per year to currrent year.

I never registered my crawdad untill 1991. Most people did not register small row boats untill around that time. Then I read that all boats with any motor, even an electric trolling motor needed to be registered. Thats when the value issue came up.