Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ike's viewpoint

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ike's viewpoint

I bet Ron Artest didn't think he was unsportsmanlike as well. Ike seems to have the same problem most professional anglers have these days, Lots of talent, 0 poise, 0 class! IMO. Having some fans doesn't make you a sportsman.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my share of oop's in my life but at least I can admit when I'm wrong. I now realize why this guy is so appealing to kids.........................., he is one.

Post Thanks / Like

As I've posted many times I've been a huge Ike fan. He brought emotion and diversity to bass fishing. He's great at seminars and with the fans. He really worked hard to get where he is and he's a great fisherman.........However.......

To see that even in the aftermath having had time to cool down, he still makes no apology and thinks he's been singled out (which actually he may have been as I've seen others act this way without DQ but still that doesn't make it right).

I will have to agree that this shows a lack of sportsmanship and class. I mean anybody can blow a gasket especially under that amount of pressure. In the same situation I would certainly cuss myself. But most of us when cooled down would realize the error of our ways, not so for Ike. He doesn't take responsibility for his actions here.

Also, I can't help but wonder sometimes if it wasn't a planned stunt. ESPN knows what makes people watch. Even my wife watched largely because she became interested in the Ike drama. I've always defended Ike and loved his enthusiasm but even I don't want BASS to become the Jerry Springer of outdoor programming. Ike needs to apologize, admit when he is wrong and grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well put!

Post Thanks / Like

One word..NINCOMPOOP!

Post Thanks / Like

DID THEY DQ. JIM BITTER LAST YEAR OR SWINDEL NO! WHY LOOK AT WHAT BOAT THEY DRIVE.

Post Thanks / Like

Bitter runs a Ranger and Swindle runs a triton so your post makes no sense.
    Ike screwed up big time. He's a very good speaker and one heck of a fishermen he just needs to realize with his popularity that he's a role model and that was definately no way to act. I really can't believe ESPN showed it. It just brought more publicity to him and his sponsors. Remember there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys....

So many want to say he (Ike) is being singled out, that others get away with the same thing.

May be, no one really knows. However, if you compare this to say basketball, you will note that refs will allow fouls to essculate, until they have to reel the game back in. Often they end up having to call a foul, or a technical to get the game under control. Those same guys think they are singled out as well.

I appreciate the links to Ike's viewpoints. I am planning to go read them now.

thanks again,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Did you catch this quote??

This is a quote from the interview of Ike's viewpoint:

"""It could have been aerator faulty, it could have been boat faulty, it could have been human error," Iaconelli said of the busted live well. "Maybe as I was driving I hit the switch off. I don't know. I'm not blaming that on anything...."""

If any of you saw the tape when it happened, he pointed to the aerator switch and said something to the effect that see, I never turned that thing on, I hate those things, they told me to use it, but I hate those things.

Now that quote above in his interview... things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I am wondering now if ol' Ike is sorry he paid for all those Elite series tournaments? if I remember right, BASS required full payment for all tournaments, right? I bet now he wished he had stayed with FLW. At least there if he were DQ'ed no one would know why he was DQ'ed. LOL... they keep it all quiet.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Never give up......

until things don't go your way; then jump up and down, cuss, break stuff and disgrace the American Flag!

The guys a bozo period. At least now it's more fun to root against him than to root for a guy you like.

What explanation do you think he gave his kids?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to like Ike alot more but anymore he seems to be the Happy Gilmore of bass fishing....I'll stick with KVD and Clunn.