Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The real reason.....

OK, I've been reading all the classic coverage, and I think I now know the real reason Slopfishin and I did not catch any fish when we went out last Friday....

1) We could have gone out and caught a limit, maybe had enough to be in the top ten (if it were a tournament), but we wanted the big ones. We were swinging for the fence, and when you do that, sometimes you just zero.

2) The wind really came up, my fish did not bite, the area was just trashed.

3) Someone threw a banana in my boat.

4) When it is your turn to win (Luke Clausen), it is just your turn to win. We had the winning fish around us, but we just could not get them in the boat.

Did any of you learn new reasons why you don't catch fish??

LOL... this should be fun!!

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: The real reason.....

I am a terrible fisherman that stunk up the joint. I have no clue what the Bass were doing or should have been doing. I did not know what to cast and did not know where to cast it. Basically, it was all my fault. This is why it is called FISHING and not CATCHING for if it was called CATCHING then EVERYBODY would be doing it.

It did not matter for I did get to spend a couple of days with my Best Friend on this planet (Wife Excluded). I have known Clebo for about 31 years now and they say if you travel thru this life and can die with 1 truly good/best friend then you accomplished more than most. Clebo and I will be buddies for life, that is as guaranteed as us getting SKUNKED this past Sunday at Dale. Looking forward to our 4 day trip beginnig March 16th at Ky Lake already.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, we had a limit that went over 20lbs with 2 - 6lb kicker smallies plus 3 Bucketmouths but as we were idling to the marina for the weigh in, I noticed they were all belly up for I did not turn on the aeroator to my livewell. We had to cull 5 dead fish. We were just lucky that we had the AMERICAN FLAG with us all day so we could use it as a blanket and towel to wipe off the fish slime from our hands. I sure hope my sponsors don't find about this.

Tight Lines

(Man I sure lost what VERY VERY VERY LITTLE respect I had for Ike when I saw the taped coverage after getting home)

Post Thanks / Like

I make no excuses for being a poor fisherman, Danny. Why? Because I'm a helluva "fisherman". Unfortunately, I'm a bad "catcherman".

Post Thanks / Like

>I make no excuses for being
    >a poor fisherman, Danny.
    >Why? Because I'm a
    >helluva "fisherman". Unfortunately, I'm
    >a bad "catcherman".

LOL, that sounds so familiar.. hmmmm where have I heard that before... LOL

Danny

PS, we should be out there today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

True. I'd love to be fishing today, but the bossman thinks otherwise. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Today, what about tomorrow! 68 degree high & cloudy with light showers after dark. You gotta be kidding me!!! There will be some hawgs moving tomorrow, boys. Give me a box of jigs and a jerkbait and turn me loose!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing behind vaccum cleaners.....plus I ate beans the night before and the gas took the funk out of my Berkly Gulps....

Billy

Redneckshadrap
    www.thecreekbank.com
    redneckshadrap@insightbb.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just didn't have my mind right today. The fish I was on have left that area. High skies and slick water did me in today. Zell Roland was fishing within 500 yards of me. While break dancing on my front deck I got a treble hook in my neck. Dang pleasure boaters messed up the whole area. Didn't figure it out until it was time to leave, man if we just had one more day. Cold front has really shut things down. That dang east wind just killed our bite today. I've got more ya know, got years of experience at making excuses.