Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving for Fl. friday!!!!!

Well its that time of year again when our group of guys head down to lake walk in water to catch those double digit bass. Maybe this will be my year. Weather outlook looks good so keep me in your thoughts and i will post when i get back. Anyone been down there lately?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Leaving for Fl. friday!!!!!

I was in the Orlando area about 10 days ago and fished for 2 days. We fished a small lake and caught about 75 in 2 days. Just like the pattern on Toho, I think the bass were pre spawn and spawn. We caught a bunch of bucks. Most came on tubes, Mann's hard nose worms, minnow baits and cranks. We didn't catch any over 4 pounds.

Hope you catch a good post spawn bite!

Post Thanks / Like

The Mann's hard nose worm was Luke Clausen's bread and butter at The Classic. He caught 13 of his 15 keepers on it. I fished it for the first time in FL, one week prior to The Classic, and really liked it. The body of the worm has a nice feel, real soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time! My fiancee and I have friends (a couple) down in Orlando and he just got a boat last fall - hopefully we'll be visiting them soon! I got sick when we went to JAX for the GA-FL football game (World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party) and met up with them and he had brought his boat up there for us to go fishin', but I was runnin' a fever and missed out - not next time though!!!

Anyways, have fun and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from East Lake Toho about a week ago. I left two days before the classic started on the big lake. Unfortunately, I rented a 14' fiberglas boat with a POS 9.9HP motor - and the wind blew the whole time. It was a good thing I asked for an anchor. I managed to catch several bucks and got one 24" female with a big belly. The way the conditions were I was reduced to fishing shiners most of the time. I did get a few on a watermelon worm and a Senko, though. One fellow came through while I was anchored down iside the reed line and he was throwing a "speed worm" at the hyacinth pads. He said he got 25 (max three pounds) in two hours.

What's a hard nosed worm?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back on monday. Our best bait on West lake was the watermelon fluke by zoom. We fished them over weeds and through the grass on braided line (no weight). The key was to rig them about 1/4 inch from the nose so they pop up out of the water as we twitched them (fast). Speed was dictated by the bass as you know. Good luck i wish i was there right now.