Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

May fishing trip

I am trying to plan a trip around May 18th and was wondering if you guys could help. I have a family, have been getting my degree at night, and working fulltime for the past two years. I graduate in May and I wanted to plan a fishing trip since I haven't really been able to go any in the past two years. I don't care what I fish for Crappie, Bass, or Striper. I just want to catch some fish. So where should I go either in Kentucky or fairly close by to have the most success. For example, I have been to Reelfoot before. I would appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: May fishing trip

You can never go wrong with Ky and Barkley in May. Started going down late March, April and May of 2005, first time fishing the lake. Nothing to have 20-30 fish days in April and May with several 3-5 pounders each day. I'm not a great fisherman but learned quickly you don't have to be to catch fish at Ky in the Spring. Spinnerbait, crankbait, rattle trap, texas baby brush hog, maybe a tube and your set. Early May you could flip and pitch shallow buck brush, late May some of the fish will have moved to the ledges. Good Luck.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

RE: May fishing trip

Around Derby time or the week before, you will see alot of sows cruising the shallows, buckbrush and cover looking for a place to set up shop and make babies. Soft plastics pitched in and around this cover can flat get your arm broke.