Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: WHAT GETS ON YOUR NERVES AT THE LAKE

People (mostly Buckeyes) that immediately drive down to the launch ramp area and begin to load their boats while at the waters edge of the ramp. Take care of those duties in the parking lot before you back down the ramp and proceed to get in line with the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Lights Off

You can shut your lights off, push the little circle button for the dome override (I think) in and out until the lights go off. I had a guy show me in the tnt tourney that I was blinding.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lights Off

People who catch more fish than me.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lights Off

I just tried the 3 button push in on the dome override on my 99 Chevy and it did not turn off the light. But the E brake did.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when fshing a shoreline and your well off the bank but fishing that shoreline and another boat trys to go betwenn you and bank fishing the same shore line.

I hate it when boats run right past or over a hump you have marked with bouys and are fishing.

I hate anglers that fish right up on top of you. Like when your sitting in one spot fish a laydown and they come right up to you and cast at the same tree even though you were there first.

Not to mention the guys that are running down the lake, see you catch a fish, come off plane and start fishing the same area.

You guys know who you are.

Post Thanks / Like

>People (mostly Buckeyes) that immediately drive
    >down to the launch ramp
    >area and begin to load
    >their boats while at the
    >waters edge of the ramp.
    > Take care of those
    >duties in the parking lot
    >before you back down the
    >ramp and proceed to get
    >in line with the rest
    >of us.

You must fish Cumberland alot like I do. Don't you just love that, and the sad part is they don't know what the're doing wrong. You gotta love them BFO'S.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily in order of the magnatude of the irratation:

1. Being washed by a passing boat when I am not in a primary navigation area when they could have avoided it by idling by or moving further away (yesterday was my first day back on the lake since last fall and it happened on my first stop)

2. Seeing another dock being built for the 30-40 ft yachts at Ky Dam Marina like I saw yesterday...just what we need..more boats that make 10 ft wakes.

3. People that pull up beside me and start throwing lures on the spot I am fishing and acting like I do not exist (the ol if I don't look at you I am ok routine)...in most cases if they would ask permission to do so they would be allowed to do so.

4. People that put rebarb in the lake to anchor their brush piles....these folks should be sentenced to life in a boat repair shop.

5. Logs that hang themselves up in safe water navigation areas when the water is up and then take off my lower unit when the water drops to a level that is just deep enough to hide them.

6. Yachts that go thru the Ky/Barkley canal plowing water with total disreguard for the smaller boats in that narrow waterway.

7. People that fish in the narrow crossing channels on Ky Lake and sit in the middle of these channels...and then give you mean looks as you go by...these are marked navigation areas folks...if you fish in the middle of a navigation channel you get what you get.

8. The lights on thing when launching...very irratating...and dangerous.

9. Leaving your truck and trailer on the ramp while you run your boat to see if you have repaired it correctly....a ramp is not a parking space, get off your lazy butt and put the truck and trailer in the parking lot then run your boat.

10. The "unloading/loading" thing on the ramp....makes me hope your brakes fail.

11. People that follow me around because they are too cheap to hire a guide or they can't find their own places to fish.

12. The fish won't bite.

13. Wind decides to blow up big rollers where I want to fish.

14. People that I have to continuously tell to put on their PFD when I am going to put the boat on plane....don't they read those signs about drownings?

15. People that pull away from a dock under more than idle speed just because there is not a "idle zone" there, thus knocking everyone's docked boat there against the dock.

16. People that step on my seats instead of using the step..and you wonder why my seats have a lot of duct tape on them (actually I have new seats this year...third time now for this boat..wonder how long they will last before the first person steps on them with their logging boots)

17. People that spit tobacco all over the side of my boat and leave it there for me to clean off...come on...I don't mind your spitting, just don't leave it for me to clean up.

18. People that show up with 10 rods and three suitcases full of lures to go fishing...after we talked about only needing 3 o4 rods and a few lures. You can only fish so much in one day..lol.

19. People that want me take them out in dangerous water/weather conditions....sorry but no amount of fishing is worth dying for.

20. People that I have never met that have the audacity to call me or email me and ask for specific fishing locations to include gps coordinates, mark their maps...and expect me to do it for free...makes me wonder if they go into Wal Mart and ask them if they can have their merchandise for free.

21. People that show up to go out with me with a cooler full of beer and actually expect me to let them take it in my boat...I drive a high performance bass boat, not a party barge.

I am sure there are probably some more things but I am running out of time..gotta go meet some clients.

Let me say here for the record that 99% of my clients and other folks on the lakes are the greatest folks you would ever want to meet....and there is nothing I can think of that I would rather be doing than guiding for bass and if putting up with some irrations from the other 1% is the price of doing business with the public on public waters then I will just bitch about it and go on....life is too short and there are too many fish to catch to let them ruin my day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

On the water - People that pull in front of you on a bank and act like you weren't even there and start fishing. On a message board - People that don't understand where the caps lock button is.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends whether I'm drinking or not...............

Post Thanks / Like

People that run thru a school of jumping Stripers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE A SWARM OF JAPANESE BEATLES, THEY STING

Post Thanks / Like

I know u cant see nuttin I hate dat