Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: WHAT GETS ON YOUR NERVES AT THE LAKE

WIND.

Post Thanks / Like

1. People who tell all their buddies about the honey hole you took them to so they could have a nice day of fishing.

2. People who run their 24 foot "barge" on half plane, with the bow stuck up in the air so high they can't see for a quarter mile in front of them.

3. Showing up at your local ramp to find that it is jam packed full of cars and trailers with out of state tags. I've looked at maps of surrounding states and it looks like they have nice lakes too, so whats the deal? This is a honest question. Not being a smart a**.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Cos Ky has the best fishing in this area. Ohio doesnt have a waterway as big as Cumberland so they come to Ky. Which is good more revenue for us and the ones that fish here have to buy our fishing licsense at that non resident price which helps our conservation.

Post Thanks / Like

You all have forgot one.What about the a/h at the ramp that doesn't know how to drive his boat on the trailer so he has to get in the water up to his waste to get it on. On top of taking up 2 spots on the ramp it still takes him 15 minutes to load his boat.Then he has to pull up just a little to see if the boat is on the trailer right.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the motion on the wind. Especially when I'm fisning with my good friend, Phil Cortez. Phil gets his nose all out of joint when the wind is over 10 mph!

Post Thanks / Like

Ramps that should be a lot better than they are seeing as how we pay so much to use them.

Docks that are built permanent on flood control reservoirs and are only good for about 1/4 of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

1.parking way back in a pocket under tree limbs and wake up and find a BIG nice new crankbait with 40ft.of oh about 17 or 20lb test on it in the end of my now ready for this...sleeping bag!!
    (layed out on my toon snoozing away)
    2 LITTER BUGS
    3 All the stupid things and people you have to put up with on the ramp.
    4 them ole wavemakers or what ever you want to call em.

Good post!! Maybe somebody can make a little booklet from all this to show people what they should and shouldn't do.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I just love the way you look at things.

I fished with you once and learned more in that day than I have in 3 years on my own.

I sure hope I didn't spit tobacco juice on the side of your boat, or I wish you would have said something if I did? That list was great!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lights Off

Good information to know, I had no idea how to turn my Silverado lights off when loading/unloading and have probably pissed some folks off.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lights Off

I just love it when your up a creek arm or in a narrow area and you hear a boat coming at wide open throttle and when they get close to you they slow down about 1500rpms and throw there hand in the air to say high. I guess they slowed down so I could get a better look at thier wake. Either come buy at idle speed or if there is enough room stay at wide open throttle. Slowing down lets the boat set deeper in the water creating a bigger wake. I also forgot to mention this usually happens when the boat is full of people not wearing thier life jacket... come on how much trouble is it to put on a life jacket while the boat is moving.

R19

Post Thanks / Like

Trot lines that people were to lazy to pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah but a bad day on the lake is better than a good day at work!