Search Fishin.com

Thread: boat carpet

Post Thanks / Like

boat carpet

anyone know any place that is cheaper then 7 bucks a foot for boat carpet thats in the louisville area?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: boat carpet

Sure do! E-mail me @ dmoeller@sullivan.edu and I'll hook you up, It only takes a couple days to get it too. Also, if you need help or a few pointers, I've done a lot of carpet jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chef Dave or anyone else, what is a good way to clean a newer boat carpeting? I have been told to go to a car wash and simply spray it down then scrub. After that rinse and rinse and rinse, etc. Then it must dry for several days. I really don't want to do this because there is no way to get out all of the soap and dry in a timely fashion. I have a steam cleaner, should I use it? Or is there a better way? It isn't too dirty being that it is a 2002 triton that has been babied since the day I got it, lol. I would like to clean the entire surface, just not a few small areas, and I would like to make it look new again.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

if it is just dirt use only warm water overall no soap,i only used water for a long time put in the garage with fans to dry and had no problem started using the car wash and it started the demize of my carpet that soap or any won't come out totally and it will break the glue down and the pressure blows it loose.that is why mine needs to be replaced even though it's 8 years old it has always been kept inside and i had no problems til the carwash.use warm water in the steam cleaner and spot treat stains
    just my opinion could be wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, be careful with the soap and pressure. I have a home steam cleaner that I use with warm water only. If I have a stain from something like soda or coffee, I'll wet it down real good, shop vac it up and then if I need to I'll maybe use a little of the foam type carpet cleaner. and then the steam cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

i sent ya an email chef

Post Thanks / Like

I have an email link for a seller that I bought from last year when I re-carpeted my boat. The carpet I received was top grade and I think it was 150 to 175 dollars for thirty feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowes sells a marine backed carpet that is $3 per foot. 6' wide and they have light grey, charcoal grey and blue.

Tight Lines