Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catching any Hybrids

I was thinking about going hybrid fishing at Herrington this weekend. Anyone tried for hybrids at herrington or barren yet? I heard some reports that they were being caught at the Ohio River.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Anyone catching any Hybrids

bump,

I'm curious on this to.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing for hybrids on Herrington since they were stocked and my past trips tell me that they usually dont start coming up until the water temp kind of settles in at 55 degrees or higher. If ya go let us know how ya do. Good Luck.

onemorecast56 Guest

Well I`ll tell you what,,,been catching between 200-300 stripers,hybreds, and white bass everytime I`ve gone on the Ohio River. I`ve got a few places that are stacked up like cord wood. If you can get past the stripers i`ve gotten crappie 13-14 inches and a few smallies.
    you should come down here and i`ll show you.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a guide? I had an uncle that fished the Ohio near Louisvill religiously. He died before I was really old enough to learn much from him. What section of the Ohio are you fishing? Any info would be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail anything to me if you want...bm0920@aol.com.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-06 AT 02:53PM (EST)[/font][p]What mile marker on the Ohio River ?

Post Thanks / Like

hey man................ I havent caught a stripe since nov ,we have been fishing the lower spillway but haven'tgot any stripes just sauger ,don't have to be specific but are you fishing down river from the New Albany boat ramp ???????

e-mail me if you want vweiser_2000@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

200-300 fish - Every time out?-----SHOW ME!!!

200-300 hybrids,striper,or white bass every time out? Not to say that anyone on this board would embellish a fishing story, but someone will have to show me this. I'll be there tonight to catch 300 fish in a single outing. I've got a deal for ya', we'll take my boat,use my gas, my bait, my poles,I'll drive, -- You keep all the crappie & I'll keep all the stripers & hybrids.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: 200-300 fish - Every time out?-----SHOW ME!!!

I have had several 50 to 60 fish days last year on the duck pond .ALl the fish were 6 to 8 lbs I couldn't hardly move my arm the next day ....Each fish will take 4 to 5 minutes to land multiply that by 300 guess he was out there a while .
    \
    But there are alot of hybrids down here in the spring .I know you think they are 10 or 11 pounds until you put them on a scale then they will weigh 6 07 7 ....thats how HARD they fight

Post Thanks / Like

Thats sounds much more believable, I know how hard they can fight, & I don't have any trouble believing that your arm was about to fall off!!! My biggest hybrid ever was a 14lb out of Barren ('bout broke my arm). I love to fish for 'em, but have never tried it in the river. I would love to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: onemore cast is probably telling the truth

I have a feeling I know exactly where onemorecast is talking about. The "spot" is in the Cannelton pool, and he's right. We caught whites and crappie on almost every case for two or three hours on several occasions this spring. We caught at least 200 or 300 on those trips. The spot is really no bigger than a swimming pool, but it can be loaded, although we are all probably out of luck until the waters go down to normal levels following the weekend rain ... Jason

onemorecast56 Guest

OK I WILL,,,,,,you pay for gas,,,,,and if we don`1t I`ll pay and you give me a 100 bucks.....I got a counter,,LOL I don`t ********