Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fishrgurl....

I saw in a thread below that you have a kayak now, and are kayaking.. and you said you did not know about all the accessories you may need. Well.... I can help.... sort of.

I flipped over and saw the end of basstech. They will reshow it a little later today, and again during the week.

But they took a young man, and fixed him up a kayak with all the bells and whistles. While I did not see the whole thing, like I said, they added sponsoms for stability, trolling motor, rod holders... and much more. I hope you got to see it, and got some ideas. If not, maybe you can catch it later today.

Good luck,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hey Fishrgurl....

The two best online sources are:

www.kayakfishingstuff.com
    http://www.paddle-fishing.com/

We have two kayaks and are thinking of a third (but the third wouldn't be used for fishing--river-running): one SOT and one SINK.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-06 AT 00:49AM (EST)[/font][p]Congrats on the kayak gurl. The best thing you could find are some friends to go with. My wife and I have a canoe and we go with a bunch of crazy yakers several times a year. My daughter and her husband are the speed freaks (I think you could ski behind them!lol)The rest of us are just floaters, but we all have a ball. Super Soakers (large water guns) and a bailing bucket are required in our group. ;)
    In our area (Glasgow) the Green and Nolin rivers are really nice. You might give them a try. Or, you might try a site called kywilderness. They are a nice bunch of people, a.k.a tree huggers, from all over the state and are very helpful. I'm sure they could give you some tips and areas to try.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm looking forward to using it many, many times this year. I'm taking my time with the outfitting as I want to try the thing out and see what I need and where it should go.