Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek Lake Report

The Cedar Creek Report will now be updated weekly on the Cedar Creek Lake Page. Here is the current report from
    Cedar Creek Lake Outfitters
    "Bass Pro Dealer"
    1-606-355-0100
    8460 US Highway 150 in Crab Orchard

The bass fishing on the lake has been super. Good catches of fish over 20 inches reported. Fish are suspended in tree lines and along certain banks. If you find one there most likely are more.
    Stan Sloan white spinner baits have been catching the most fish along with Jig and Pig in Black and Blue. A few fish on Jerk Baits. 20" Smallmouth caught on a jerk bait.
    Water Temperature is in the mid 50's fairly clear.
    Bluegill and Redear are good too, mostly on Popeyes and wax worms.
    Crappie size limit is 9" but not many keepers are being reported.
    Catfish are slow.

Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cedar Creek Lake Report

That is one awesome report for bass. Just the local tackle chit chat beeing reported sounds like to me. I could be wrong but I disagree with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I should ad that the report is for last week early.. The Cold front slowed things down, but the Store Reports that several good fish were photographed and released. The report was basically that a LOT of GOOD fish are being reported coming from the lake for its age. IT WAS designed to produce fish like this from the ground up by Fish and Wildlife so it does not surprise me that good Bass are coming from this lake.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

IT wasnt quite that good today, real real real slow for me one 14", it seemed like there was an 100 boats on the water, everywhere I went I was following or being followed by another boat. I would say yesterday was real good.

Post Thanks / Like

April Fools ???

I didn't even know there WERE Smallmouth in Cedar Creek !!
    Where did all these 20" Bass come from, all of a sudden ??
    Why don't we petition the KDFWR to stock some Trout in there ... and see if we can produce some 20+lb Bass !! ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

RE: April Fools ???

There are small populations of smallmouth in creeks and streams not real far from Cedar Creek. I caught a few in a creek last year not too far away as the crow flies. It's not inconceivable that they could work their way into that lake.

As for the abundance of 20" LM - I'd have to see it to believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bucketmouth's will explode in size very soon as they start feeding on suntan oil, beach towels and plastic sand castle making equipment. Can't wait until the Beach opens up, lakefront property, broken down wooden docks, and jet ski's can't be far behind. Maybe we will all really get lucky and they will open up a golf course next to the lake so all the Hooks and Slices off the tee will add a few more ounces of golf ball to their diet. When they swallow enough golf balls we will all have the "Trophy Lake" as promised.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

YES YES i WENT TODAY GOT alot of bass maybe 25 total but only a few in the 15 inch range.pulled in back at the birdge 3 boats were there they said they were not catching any.SO i got my black blue jig out made 4 cast got four fish an they all left lmao.May i add they all were casting cranks.live an learn lol.GUESS THE BOATS HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THE BETTER FISH.And i mean alot of boats.Looks like we are going to start drawing no#s to fish there. HIT THE HOOK HARD GL

Post Thanks / Like

Although I disagree that there are any kind of population of smallmouth in the lake I agree that there could be some. Most likely from someone dumping it in there. But to put that in a fishing report like it was common is really misleading and wrong, just trying to draw some business IMO. Same goes for the largemouth. I agree there are 20" fish in there but to say there are good catches of 20" fish beeing caught is just plain misinformation.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished there Monday 3/27 and caught alot of good fish but no keepers. I talked to maybe 10 other fisherman and no keepers.

I fished there today 04/02 fished hanged up from Monday took all day to find the good fish. Had lots of 10 to 12 inch fish and then about 90 minutes before the storm came I figured out the bigger fish bite and got 4 between 15 and 17 inch's, then came the lightning oops time for me to go. Talked to alot of fishermen and none with a keeper LM or Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

there are some smallmouth in the lake i have caught 2 both in the same area. the two that i caught were off of the old 150 road bed near the island that is located directly across the lake from the boat ramp that is located off of old route 150. both of these fish were very small though (10-11 inchers). i fish there frequently and that is the only two i have caught. probably placed in the lake by someone or left over from an old pond or creek.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone here watched Kentucky Afield this past Saturday night (April 1st) or not, but from what I remember it sounded like KDFWR was saying the lake will finally start producing some decent sized bass this year. They didn't mention a thing about the beach, but they did sort of own up to the idea that up till now Cedar Creek hasn't been as good as what they originally thought it would have been when they built the lake.

This is what I think I remember them saying anyway...