Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dale hollow

Post Thanks / Like

dale hollow

any help on dale holow im going down for a fue days next week. has any got any help on where to fish and what thay have been hitting

Post Thanks / Like

RE: dale hollow

I live next to dale and fish most everyday, water temp in sulper creek is 56/58 lots of large mouth in the back of pockets i fish live bait but when i see them chasing or busting shad they hit and keep hitting throw white spinner bait silver leaf, or any other logical bait they are agressive, crappie today at about 6 ft around the grass beds, smallies are scattered they are coming into the shallows and coming back out deep its a crap shoot there

Post Thanks / Like

what part of the lake would i try next week?

Post Thanks / Like

smallmouth been hitting jerk baits good

---------------------------
    I'd rather be catchin! :7

Post Thanks / Like

I caught alot of fish including 2 over the slot dragging a 4" strait tail worm on a jig head on main lake flats. I didn't get a strike on a jerkbait Friday. I didn't catch any smallmouth in Pusley creek but did catch some largemouth on a fluke. I watched a couple of guys catching alot of fish letting the wind drift them down a main lake flat. Not sure what they were using but they were not casting. They were probably dragging live bait or plastics but they were catching more than me. I am still not seeing alot of fish shallow on the flats. They seem to be hanging on the drops or creek channels next to the flats. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

how do you like to fish? if u want to catch largemouth Id go towards and above either wisdom in ill will or wolf, if your smallmouth fishing, I get off the main lake, id be hard pressed to tell you much sence i use live bait and kinda run a milk route of places, we are going to need a couple days of stable conditions

Post Thanks / Like

rhise, not sure which one of us your talking to but I fish mainly for smallmouth. Lead head lures, live bait, and I've been trying hard jerk baits this year with mixed results. I have an odd work schedule but we will have to get together sometime. I usually fish alone so it would be nice to have the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Plowboy, I live over in Russell County and I have been considering a trip myself to Dale Hollow. I have never fished there and consider myself a green horn since I have only been fishing to amount to anything for the last year. I just retired from work and bought a small bass boat last year. I am learning as much as I can about the sport and my wife is always ready to get me out of the house. Let me know if you can use some company out there, I can bring my boat if necessary and help with all expenses. I am just an old country boy who likes fishing and basketball and lately in that order.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure stringmusic, I work odd hrs but I get several days off. Give me a call (343-5033). I'm no expert myself but have fished Dale enough to have some good luck every now and then. I will do most of my fishing at Dale from now until June. After that most people give it up for the Summer or night fish. I have good days and many days when they make me look bad. I try to time it out during stable weather so my chances are better. Gas is too high to waste a trip down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks plowboy, I am always looking to improve. I'll give you a call and we will hook up. Got some house stuff to work on early this week but looking at some warm weather later on.

Post Thanks / Like

stringmusic, I'll probably go wed or thur. My cell is 585-1491 and I'll be working the next 2 nights but I'll get your call and call back.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I will give you a call today if possible. My son has a baseball game at Pulaski on Thursday, so I can't go then and we have one today at home. Wed sounds promising. I'll call to see if you can go then. Thanks, Plowboy.