Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids event sat

Post Thanks / Like

Kids event sat

The kbfn put on a great outing for the juniors Greg , Carlette , Raymond and others WELL DONE!!!!
    On the other note As we are teaching our young people how to fish we are also teaching them how to be good sports. We had the pleasure of having some new faces and as always they are welcome. I had the pleasure of standing behind a well experienced young man when they asked for some single boaters to step up and take others without a boat and he looked to his right and said NOBODY FISHES WITH ME AND THE ARENT GOING TOO. Maybe they should work like a kbfn event and all have 2 contestants and share the front1/2 the day. the advantage of being a non in them events is to learn. If we are out here for the kids lets be out here for ALL the kids. We should ask all the regional directors to show up and take out 2 kids not just theirs or just 1 but 2 and we wouldn't run out of boats
    Rodney
    Tight lines
    It is easier to build a child than it is to repair an adult. GOD BLESS

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Kids event sat

Amen Rodney. One day he might be in need of a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I promise i will step up if I have an extra seat
    Rodney
    Tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

How would I go about taking some kids out during a tournament.Can I fish too?

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-06 AT 08:09AM (EST)[/font][p]They can usually use any adult willing to spend the day watching and coaching, Some of these kids can bobber fish but the big lake thing is intimidating. Depending on their age you might need to be on the trolling motor all day but you can not fish
    Rodney
    Tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who made our Youth Tournament on Saturday go smooth. For our first tourney, I thought we had a terrific turn-out.

Every contestant walked away with a door prize, and I was very pleased to see alot of happy faces!! The weigh-in had a pretty wide audience crowd and I was excited to see some very good fish come across the scales!

If anyone would like to come to a Youth Trail Event, please don't hesitate to try and attend!! These kids between the ages of 11-18 years old compete for a chance to compete in the Junior Bassmasters World Championship at the Bassmaster's Classic every year.

We are always in need of special boaters who want to take more than one child fishing, cause like Rodney said, we don't turn no-child away. So if ever anyone has a free weekend and would love to make a child's day...please call or just show up if you want to at one or all of our events. We extremely appreciate everything!!

Below is our schedule...if you have any questions at all, please contact us. Thanks for everyone's support!!

2006 Junior Bassmasters Trail:

May 13 Cave Run Lake Alfrey Ramp 6:30-2:30pm EST

July 8 Ohio River/Big Bone Big Bone Ramp 6:30-2:30 EST

August 5 Lake Barkley Kuttawa Ramp 6:30-2:30 CST

Registration is from 5:00am - 6:00am in the mornings.

For any information please contact:

Greg Marshall, KBFN President...(859) 987-0753

Carlet Hagan, KBFN Youth Director...(270) 842-9729
    kyfishingirl@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Carlet, is the KBFN going to have a websight

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we sure are....just in the process or processing.

Coming soon!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The folks at Southern Kentucky Marine are grerat people. Anything to help kids is a great deal to get involved with. We sponsor a Junior Outdoors Club at our High School and it is wonderful to see this Junior Bassmaster Series thing going well. If you ever get an opportunity to give them your business try and do so. Customer Service A+! Thanks, James Myers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Carlet....

I love the idea of what you are doing. My dream is to win the lottery and open a resort on KY lake with a full set of counselors and full time nature and fishing guides to help underprivledged and inner city kids find the outdoors.

I do have one question though, how do you handle the release of liability to the boaters? Obviously one would prey there was never an accident, but they do occasionally happen, and I am wondering what or how you protect your volunteers?

Thanks so much, and good luck with your continued success.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what??? I just read your post and checked my schedule and I have August 5th open..or I did have until I filled the date with helping out at your tournament. There is nothing more important than lending some time to our youth and promoting their interest in fishing rather than handing them a video game. I will be in contact.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Danny
    Just like a adult event The BASS insurance has a 1 million dollar liability blanket for any boat or person involved however you must have boat insurance to participate in any bass event.
    Some people feel weird taking a child out as with some parents so they sometime accompany them on their trip
    Rodney
    Tight lines