Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

tough day on KY Lake Sat 4/22/06

Well Kyle (SlopFishin) and I fought the super dense fog to make it to KY lake (Fenton Ramp) early this morning. We had calm winds, and 68 degree water... that is about 4 degrees cooler than Barkley was 2 days ago. Winds were calm to start, and we had three, albeit short, fish in the boat in the first hour. Then about an hour and a half later one more bass. We missed a few bites, but nothing big.

The high bluebird skies made it incredibly difficult for us. Things that worked just yesterday for Kyle and others were totally "dead" today.

Most of the bays had color in them, but a couple were pretty darn clear.

I'm sure someone caught them, just not us.

Still, had a very good time, and enjoyed the day on the lake with Kyle.

I hope you guys all caught much more than we did.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: tough day on KY Lake Sat 4/22/06

*hanging my head in shame*. Skunked.

I had a good time, though, Danny. Of course, the fish will probably be jumping in the boat tomorrow. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Danny
    They blew the lakes up a foot last night and then you had the bluebird skies on post frontal today...all the reports I have so far talking about how tough it was. I heard it only took 12lbs to win the Fishers of Men tourney here today but I have not confirmed that. The clouds started moving in here this evening and it is supposed to storm tomorrow so your probably right on about the bite coming back tomorrow..lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave....

I am sure I speak for Kyle too, we appreciate your trying to help us feel better...LOL

Still though, I really enjoyed fishing with Kyle, just like with Grumpy... and DEW, the too is fun to fish with. Heck, I think I like fishing with everyone!!! I guess i just like fishing. Of course, it goes without saying that I like catching much better.

I'm already looking forward to the next time.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I've thought about this, nothing to hang your head about..... you caught a near trophy!! And, you did it in a tough way. You folks should see how this great angler can skip a fluke!!! He placed it in all the great places, and caught a dang near record warmouth on the fluke. Amazing fish really.

Now Slop, here's the rub, today has been overcast all day here.... so how come we aren't out fishing today?

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report for Sunday... thanks...

Hey slop, thanks for the report of how well you did on Sunday. Very nice, or so it sounded.

for the rest of you, Kyle promised me a lot of fish on Saturday... nada... well, four... but still...

T=H=E=N

he calls me on Sunday, and says you should have been there today... yeah, He saved them all for himself on Sunday...

LMAO

Great job Slop... great job...

Still had a great day on Saturday, and learned some neat stuff from you. I look forward to trying it out again.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Nice report for Sunday... thanks...

I did better on Saturday than Sunday. My partner and I came in 2nd in the 68 open w/ 10.01. It took 14lb to win it.

We caught most all of our fish by staying out and fishing basically under the rest of the boats....we couldnt get'em shallow...the fish we caught everyone was on top of. Caught a couple of keepers right out from behind other boats that were working the banks over.

Went back sunday and caught about 30 fish but all were 10-13 inches. Had a limit on Saturday.