Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

River conditions & fishing at Maysville

I haven't been to Maysville in years and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how the river conditions are right now. From past experience it was a good fishery, how is it fishing this spring? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: River conditions & fishing at Maysville

Fished out of Augusta Tues. Heavy flow and debries. Main river was not as muddy as the creeks. 61 degrees. Caught no fish in 4 hours.

ukbassman Guest

I would hardly qualify the river around the Maysville/ Aberdeen area a good fishery. I live in that area and have fished the river many times and have never had much luck at all. I have also seen many, many tournaments won there with 1 or 2 fish and more zeros than you could count. It is a tough place to fish, just my two cents. But if you go let us know how you did. Good luck and tight lines,
    UKbassman

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let the negative get you down, I know of many fine anglers who have caught limits in the Maysville area. But then again it's the river and only the strong survive.

Matt Plapp

Post Thanks / Like

I love the river, ESPECIALLY around maysville, there is enough creeks and structure around there to keep everyone happy and busy. The greatest thing about tournaments on the OHIO river is it keeps the playing field pretty even. Those are the kind of events you fish your @$$ off for 5 bites or 7, cull a few ounces and takem to the scales, you never have to worry about someone slappin a 20lb sack on ya, usually your just a 12" fish or two from cashing a check. PLUS, if you have two livewells, you can usually fill the second one with sauger or hybrids and have dinner when you get home. tourneys on the OHIO are always interesting, I would love to do the PLAPPS rumble, that circuit is droppin the ticket as far as tourneys on that end of the state, just cant dish out the entry right now (college and all), shoot me an email, Ill make some calls, see if I cant point you in the right direction. ktcrag2001@yahoo.com