Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BFL is free now?!?!

I was entered into the BFL LBL division tournament scheduled to come out of the Kuttawa ramp this weekend. At the pre-tournament meeting, I ran into a guy who said he gets to fish as a co-anlger for FREE!! FLWOutdoors paid his entry fee!!! I then found out that three others were able to do the same.

Having paid my $100 to fish, I felt greatly cheated!!!

I was told that there were 200 boaters registered. There were only 196 co-anglers registered. Rather than send some boaters home, the FLWOutdoors tournament director called up four of his buddies to fill the field and participate free of charge. This is completely unfair! There shouldn't be any free rides!

How does everyone else feel about this?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: BFL is free now?!?!

It happens at all events if they need co anglers.
    So if you want a free ride ,take the chance and show up at the meeting. Maybe you will fish maybe you won't.

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I thought boaters could switch over or even fish two boaters per boat like in the old days in B.A.S.S.

I always thought a free entry was unheard of.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious?? From what I have experienced in the past, if there are too many boaters then they are paired up boater on boater (those who do not have a gaurenteed non-boater). I think it is completely unfair, you have 196 other guys out there who have footed the bill, and four lucky guys get to enter it for free because the field was not full of co-anglers?? And this was paid by someone from FLW?? I have never heard of this at the Hoosier division. When they do not have enough co-anglers, they ask if any one wants to be an "observer" for free. Even if someone wants to enter as a co-angler, they still have to pay plus the late fee (my dad did this).I will be writting FLW for more info. on this.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished the Hoosier Division for several years and what Eric said is true. If there are too many boaters they fish a boat on boat draw and flip a coin to see who's boat is used. They will petition the crowd and see if anyone wants to fish as a non boater (for the proper fee) then they will look for observers(no cost). I believe this happened again at our Patoka Tournament this year. Heck most boaters would probably front you the entry fee to keep from fishing with another boater.