Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ky Lake Fight of a Lifetime

Launched out of Fenton, sun had not come up just yet, still a slight chill on the water as we idle out of the ramp area. Take a left heading south to a few of my favorite spots to fish this time of year. Stop at the first secondary point next to a big spawning flat and can't wait to hear the Blurp Blurp Blurp of the Titanium White Buzzbait. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, plop, up next to the brush, a few cranks of the handle and WHAM, Hammertime, knocked the buzzbait about 3 feet into the air. Old Buzz comes crashing back to the surface and a few more cranks of the handle and here she came again but this time she just sucked it under, this time the old G Loomis bent as double as my 10' All Pro FNF rod with a 6lb Smallie attached. The fight was on, back and forth, get a little line, give a little more line, before I know it she has headed out to deeper water and I am getting pretty close to the knot. Minn Kota on 5 heading straight for her as I put some line back on the reel. My buddy is up with the net just as nervous as one can be ready to play the role of NETBOY. Only saw the first explosion so I really don't know how big she is. I know that the 12lb Trilene spooled on my Curado SF is both holding together pretty good against this HORSE. Here comes the big girl as she slowly comes to the surface, "Holy Crap it is a 10 pounder with ease" my buddy says. The big girl sees his or my ugly face and decides it is not time to introduce herself personally and back down to the depth she goes. Drag stripping, Rod bending, my buddy worried and me just as calm as if I was sitting in my recliner at home watching Big Blue kick a little College B Ball behind. Buddy says "Ain't you worried the least bit". I tell him that I was fortunate enough to land 2 - 6 lb Smallies this winter on my FNF outfit, surely the 10 pound Greenfish will not get away if they didn't. Here she comes again all the way to the surface and my buddy plays the role of NETBOY excellent. Whooooaaaaaa are you kidding me that is a Horse, "surely you will keep this one for the mount won't you, he says." Put my thumb in her big beautiful mouth and remove whats left of the "Titanium, whatever" buzzbait. Put her on the digital scales which displays and even 10 pounds on the dot. Out comes the digital picture taker for a few photo opportunities with the sun just coming up, perfect photo. Give her a few big smooches, I think one included a little tounge action, lean over the side of the boat and release the big girl back to the depth. I wonder just how big was she before she released all those eggs a few weeks back, 10-8? 11-0? Who knows? What happens next is unbelievable, I roll over and wake up just a minute before the alarm goes off this morning to serve another day of my 25 year sentence at work. Admit it, had you going. I can't go fishing due to my recent emergency surgery so this is all I got, a few dreams, a few flips up against the mailbox or flowerbed in my front yard (which by the way there are no fish staged anywhere in my front yard or they would have been caught by now), and FISHIN.COM as I fish thru all of your post.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Great FISH Story

NM.. Jim The Fishbum

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ky Lake Fight of a Lifetime

Excellent...there for awhile I forgot all about you having your recent surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome

I read on and on......hook, line and sinker.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

YOU GOT ME...

Post Thanks / Like

Ever thought of writing a book. Couldn,t have read a better story out of Field and Stream. Hope you get back on the water soon.

Post Thanks / Like

you had me at launched.....you had me at launched

Post Thanks / Like

Great story you hads me hook, line,and sinker.

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut I was cussing you by the 5th line .Hope you are feeling better Ky lake is sounding better by the day....