Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: Spinning Equipment

Listen to all the shimano faithful. I broke the trend and got a quantum castic and fished with it once and put it back in the box and went out and bought a new spirex. you just can't go wrong with the mid priced shimanos. Even the ones in the bubble wrap at walmart arent bad reels.

As far as rods go, there is only one way to go in my book Shimano Fightin rods from the 80's I have fifteen of them, watch e-bay you can sometimes get them for next to nothing or I have paid over 150 for some of my casting rods. If you see the magnumlite ones they were the top of the series. The plant burned to the ground in 89 and they lost all the spindels that they were using and never reintroduced the rod. It is truly the best rod ever made. Shimano did produce two for bass pro called the black beast and black magic, both sell on e-bay for less but are good rods. I will put my bull whips up against any rod today for backbone and tip speed.

Happy huntin

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Pinnacle reels with Shimano rods. 7ft. Med.light with superfast tip. Can't beat the action.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on Daiwas. I have tried several Shimano spinning reels through the years and haven't found one that felt right to me although I use Shimano casting reels almost exclusively. I have been buying the Daiwa SS II and Team Daiwa spinning reels and they are super-smooth, have the best drag I have ever seen on a spinning reel, and absolutely do not twist the line. Plus I have been buying the 1500 and 2000 series reels and in both model sets the spools are interchangable (between models and size) meaning I can use any spool on any reel. I carry several spare spools of every line size from 4 to 12 which can go on any of my spinning outfits. I can't tell you how wonderful that flexibility is with line on reels. For spinning reels it's Daiwa all of the way for me on Loomis rods.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

You Can Check here best Saltwater reels Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
    mrmark ... your reply is 11yrs too late. Jus' sayin'
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

what do you fish for?

I've had spinning reels since day one when they came out.Diawa or shimano are both good choices, for artificial casting i like the trigger models. Rods depends on what you fish for.I had 13ft rods for salmon and steel heads, to 7.5 for trout and pan fish.Articials a stiffer rod sometimes. It all depends how addicted to fishing you are.I've fished for musky, stripers, trout, bass pan fish and had set ups for most of them. I had trolling rods, down rigger rods, fly rods, but then i was a fishing nut. to make matters worse, don't forget lines.I fished mono, braid,fluro. each has a place for a serious fishermen. Tried monel years ago, used it once, and that was enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I've had spinning reels since day one when they came out.Diawa or shimano are both good choices, for artificial casting i like the trigger models. Rods depends on what you fish for.I had 13ft rods for salmon and steel heads, to 7.5 for trout and pan fish.Articials a stiffer rod sometimes. It all depends how addicted to fishing you are.I've fished for musky, stripers, trout, bass pan fish and had set ups for most of them. I had trolling rods, down rigger rods, fly rods, but then i was a fishing nut. to make matters worse, don't forget lines.I fished mono, braid,fluro. each has a place for a serious fishermen. Tried monel years ago, used it once, and that was enough.

Don't think you're gonna get many replies as this thread is 11yrs old and just got revived by a new member who replied two posts ago .... typical thing that happens when someone is doing a search & then joins the website and replies without noticing how old the original post is ... LOL !!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Don't think you're gonna get many replies as this thread is 11yrs old and just got revived by a new member who replied two posts ago .... typical thing that happens when someone is doing a search & then joins the website and replies without noticing how old the original post is ... LOL !!
    Funny how things change. I would venture to say that Pflueger owns the mid range spinning reel market in 2017. Shimano Saharas lock up if you sneeze on them. Can't comment on Daiwas since they don't seem interested in playing the mid market game.

Can't beat a President for $39-49, just can't be done.
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Funny how things change. I would venture to say that Pflueger owns the mid range spinning reel market in 2017. Shimano Saharas lock up if you sneeze on them. Can't comment on Daiwas since they don't seem interested in playing the mid market game.

Can't beat a President for $39-49, just can't be done.
    I switched to BPS reels about 10 years ago. I have 5 of their Johnny Morris spinning reels, and 10 or so Johnny Morris or Pro Qualifier casting reels.

I also have 2 Lews reels.......

The BPS reels are as good as any I've used, and the wide spool really , really helps with line twist and flourocarbon .