Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

HOLIDAY HOLARITY

Memorial Day, a day to remember things, and given its the first holiday of the boating season, I'm sure it generated lots of comic adventures. So come on! Tell us the funniest, dumbest, rudest, most ridiculous stuff you saw this weekend on the fine KY lakes and rivers. Tell us about the episodes you saw on the ramps and parking lots, and no wake zones. Lets all enjoy the collective memories of this often weird and wacky weekend, when boaters who don't prepare hit the roads and rivers!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: HOLIDAY HOLARITY

Guy pulls up to the marina complaining to the mechanic that he can not get his boat up on plane. The mechanic looks at the boat and does not see anything wrong. He then notices straps tight to the gunnel and the back of the boat. He looks under the boat and the guy had launched the boat with the trailer attached.. JUST BACKED IT INTO THE WATER and unhooked.. just like the dealer told him to do.. LOL.. LMAO..
    This is a guy who has his head way too far into books and not enough into the REAL world.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another'n Jim:
    Back in the early to mid '80's a friend and I borrowed another friend's bass boat to fish a tournament with. The friend said it would go about 55 mph. All we were used to riding in was an
    old 12....14 foot aluminum john boat and had never been in a bass boat. So away we went on our maiden voyage. Got the boat up to around 30...35 mph and that was all it would do. Never did figure out why the darn thing wouldn't do what the friend said it would do. Took it back home that night and told my friend that the darn thing wouldn't do but around 30...35 mph.
    So the friend asked me if I had it trimed all the way up.

Don't reckon we did I said, couldn't find anything to trim, and by the way, What's a trim?

Well duh, here's my sign.

Franswa

Post Thanks / Like

What I saw was mostly dangerous. A family pulling a tuber behind their pontoon boat. What's dangerous you ask? it was a very young child, and they were pulling the child right down the main channel. Not in a bay, but in the busiest part of the lake.

Second thing was mostly irratating. A backside pulling a young child ran right over the area I just pulled up to fish. Almost as if they were trying to run us off.

As for Jim's tale... I heard that was a blonde headed lady who did that....LOL... very old joke.

Danny