Search Fishin.com

Thread: Rod Tip Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Rod Tip Repair

I have a nice rod that has the inner rim of the tip guide missing, probably from poking my baits free from hangs, this happened last sunday, I heard that Baits-N-Bullets in Aurora can repair it, anyone know if this is a good choice or should I use someone else? I would repair it but I have the cheap glue and do not have a tip guide that small, would rather it be a "professional" job. Thanks
    Take Care

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Rod Tip Repair

Sounds like you are oriented to western KY but if you are in the Louisville area they fix rods/reels at Bullfrog creek on Bardstown road.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

If its only the top guide, Bass Pro has a Fugi Guide kit with 3 different sizes and a glue stick. Or you can order the size you need and by a hot glue stick. Save yourself some bucks and your rod is back in action alot faster.

To remove the tip, heat the tip with a lighter just enough to pull it off with a pair of needle nose. Then clean it up by lightly sandin the rod tip with fine sand paper, heat the glue stick and put the glue on the rod tip and inside the guide hole. Slip it on, line it up, dip it in cold water and presto, repaired rod tip.

I have repaired many of my rods with these kits and they are no worse and in some cases better than before, not cheap rods either, all Allstars. I also repaired my Titanium Allstars by calling the Company and they sent me several of the Titanium tips free of charge, just paid S&H. Used a hot glue stick and they are good as new. Just make sure you line up the guide straight before the glue sets.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Head is right. That Fuji kit from BPShops is great and it's super easy to do yourself. I repaired a rod tip fro my brother last year. It takes about 2 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-06 AT 10:22AM (EST)[/font][p]>Fish Head is right. That
    >Fuji kit from BPShops is
    >great and it's super easy
    >to do yourself. I
    >repaired a rod tip fro
    >my brother last year.
    >It takes about 2 minutes.
    >

I think you wasted your time: Your brother couldn't catch a fish out of a barrel. True story.

You guys are correct about the rod tip kits, though. I keep one in my tackle box at all times.

Post Thanks / Like

O.K., looks like I am going to repair myself. I'll find the right sized tip and use the glue stick I have, much cheaper too. Happy fishin.