Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

FishHedz face masks

After getting caught in more than one rainstorm this year, I finally purchased one of these. Just came yesterday, so haven't had a chance to run with it yet, but I think it's gonna be a super piece of gear. They currently have factory blemished ones for sale on their website at $55. That's what mine is, and if it's blemished, I sure can't find it. Something you might want to consider for rain/cold/bugs, etc.

www.fishhedz.net

Post Thanks / Like

Pro's or Con's

I have thought about getting one for winter fishing but haven't really talked to anyone who has used one. Anybody out here got any pros' or con's on 'em? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: FishHedz face masks

If you don't want to wear a helmet they are pretty nice. They work great in the rain. However for the price that they are you could almost buy a full face helmet.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Pro's or Con's

Marty: All I can say is I really like mine. It is a lot lighter than wearing a helmet.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one in December to use for going after the smallies on Dale. The mask is light, has a great look, and it is comfortable. However, I had one major problem with them:

During December they were running a special - for Christmas they were going to give you a color lense rather than the clear one. My mask came in the day before my trip to Dale - THEY FORGOT THE LENSE! So I emailed them - I got a confirmation email that my order for a lense was filled and it was shipped. 30 minutes later I got another email saying that the colored lenses were backordered and it would be 2-3 weeks before I would get it. So I am sitting here with a nice mask, but NO LENSE! So I send another email explaining my frustration.

A supervisor calls and apologizes for the problems, but he doesn't realize they didn't send a clear one either. So he sends one out - but they send it to the wrong address!

The owner of savephace calls and he sends another clear lense and apoligizes. So I was very frustrated - I like the product, but was disapointed with their efforts to make things right.

So now I have a mask with 3 lenses.

Great product, but I hope that you don't have to go through what I did getting the lense.

Blessed Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one at bass pro for $85.00( Custom cost more ).I bought a smoke lens with it for 19.95. I thought I was the only one in this area that had one but I am glad to see others are using them. I wear mine everytime that I go fishing. I wear contact and it helps to keep the wind out of my face. I fished a toun last fri in my buddys boat and did not take mine and regrated that I did't.Far as pro's & con's I have only had pro's. If you are thinking about buying one buy it.

Good Luck,Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came with the smoke lens. No problems there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy paintball masks for like $25.00 at Wall Mart. They are almost exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a co-angler's dream! Bugs to the face at high speeds don't hurt as bad when you wear one of these! If you've ever been in a boat riding shotgun with no windshield/console, you will greatly appreciate a fishhead!

The only drawback I've found is that the lens intensifies sunlight and makes the mask like an oven! Only wear it while underway or you'll cook your face!!!

It isn't as bulky as a helmet so you don't have to worry as much about your boater fussing about packing too much gear with you! I've ridden with some of the meanest of boaters and none have complained about me packing along a fishhead!

Regards,

Scott Brown - President
    The L-Raisin' Anglers
    University of Louisville

Post Thanks / Like

Go to their website and read the comparison to paintball masks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've told everyone that they have got to get one of those especially during those March/April tourn. It makes breathing a lots easier at 60mph and 40 degrees, no more numbed face, put your jacket hood on first and then put the fishhedz on and your ears will be totally shield from the wind.