Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River today

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-06 AT 05:18PM (EST)[/font][p]We fished the quarry today above 6 mile ,had a blast catching more whites I could count .Also caught several nice Largemouth on poppers and shadraps .The whites were schooled up so tight they were hitting our line laying on the top of the water LOL .It was awesome, the whites were good sized some up to 2lbs .Also got 2 hybrids .Lost a good smallie when my knot came loose also lost my popper .Cant complain though ....defintely a good time to take a kid up there .We were catching fish on almost every cast there for about half an hour

I LOVE THE RIVER

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ohio River today

hey I will be going down to fish the river this sat. Brush creek area probably,just wondering where is the area you were fishing? hope the wife and I get into some nice fish
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Great report JFW - Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Just upriver from 6 mile island the quarry is on In. side .Get some rooster tails or shadraps you will have a blast ...Now you have to get there early low light cond. is important .We put in at Duffy's landing at 6:30 AM was back at ramp at 10AM

Post Thanks / Like

JFW - Have you heard any catfish reports from the Ohio River? I would think the catfish activity should be picking up now that we're into the month of June.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cats

Caught four flatheads on the upper guage near Louisville last night. Two in the teens, two around five pounds. Live sunfish for bait, 30-foot of water. For all you cat guys out there, I would appreciate some pointers on shallow water patterns for bigger fish. It seems I always revert back to fishing the same ole deep-water patterns ...... Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish the deep hole right off of Jeff Boat .Also of course the grainery ......the best bait in the river by far is skipjack .....I would assume the hydro will be good as soon as the level comes down a bit .Thats the best place to catch your skipjack for bait use a small white popeye