Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dave Stewart

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Stewart

Hello Dave, I was wondering with the BASS event coming up on Kentucky Lake, do you ever get hired out by any of the pros a few days before or have you met many of these guys who "fish for a living." Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dave Stewart

Please understand, I know, really KNOW, that I am not Dave Stewart.

But he did say a few weeks ago that he had one of the BASS guys out for a tournament prep, but it was prior to the off limits/no information period.

I think that speaks volumes about the quality trip that Dave offers. I also strongly believe he would never do anything against the rules knowingly.

I was thinking about this the other day as I read his response to the "tip a guide" string. I am thinking I am no where near the quality guy Dave is. He said if a guy wins big on areas he showed them, he did not ever expect a bonus or anything, but appreciated getting one, but not diappointed if he didn't. Well.... if a pro won 100 grand on my information and didn't cut me in a little.... I would be very disappointed. LMAO

I can't wait until I can go again on a trip with Dave.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dave Stewart

Tracy: I get hired to do tournament preps for everything from club tournaments to the FLW and now BASS since they are coming back to the lakes here, and for all the type tournaments in-between those levels. Before you ask, let me tell you I never disclose the names of folks I guide for ANY tournament to anyone. Yes, some folks do figure out who I am guiding or have guided as they see me out there or the folks themselves will mention it...heck one team I guided that won a boat here a few years back had me take publicity pics with them...but that was their choice. I just don't feel it is good business to disclose who I am guiding for any tournament.

To answer your other question: Yes I have met and know some of the pro level anglers..actually am friends with some of them...have had them stay at my house even during the tournaments. During the winter the past few years I have been working for a company doing fishing seminars at many of the fishing shows around the country and at these shows I have met and worked with a lot of the top pro's. This past winter I worked with: KVD (two shows), Rick Clunn, Mike Iconelli, Davy Hite, to mention a few of them. All great folks and it has been a pleasure working with them and picking their brains.