Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for soft plastics

I am looking for old soft plastics, not used, but old. You know, the ones that look dry rotted, maybe a little bloated even, mostly lizards but will take all. Doing a little home experiment. I know someone has to have these around, dont care of the color or size. Preferably in driving distance of Marshall Co. Ky. I will either trade a few packs of new baits, or pay a reasonable penny for them.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Looking for soft plastics

BB,

I think I can help!!! I am and have been organizing all my tackle while waiting to get my trailer fixed. I have so many baits, especially plastics.

I am coming to the BASS event this week, I could throw some in my car and let you take a look.

How's that sound?

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I save all of my old used soft plastics. You are welcome to them.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Looking for soft plastics - another question too

I wish I had known - I threw a lot of my old ones away last week.

Another question though - How do you guys organize and store your soft plastics - I don't have a very good system - I don't have any room in the tackle box and I don't have much storage room in the boat. Right now I have them all in a tiny duffle bag, but when I need something I have to open the bag and pull almost every package out and then put every package back in.

Post Thanks / Like

You should get a soft plastics binder. Bass Pro Shops sells them for a reasonable price. I have two actually, one for finesse (4" worms, drop shot stuff, trailers, etc.) in one bag and another that holds lizards, flukes, and tubes. It's worked for me for years!

Post Thanks / Like

What is this "home experiment" you speak of?

Post Thanks / Like

pastorbass,

I have enough room in my boat for several storage boxes... you know like the plano 3700s. I have one for worms, one for lizards, etc.... however, I still have more than will fit in the boxes. I always kept mine mixed in the bags... you know the store bags. I've organized mine now so that the ones that don't fit in my bait boxes are such that one bag will have all my extra lizards, one all my extra worms, etc....

BTW, I did buy one of those organizers as was mentioned. They are relatively small and won't hold many different baits. I got it to go in my tackle bag when I fish with others, but have not yet used it. If you want it, we might be able work something out.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Danny

That will work fine. Let me know which days, I forgot which ones you mentioned in another post. Also maybe give me a call or leave a message. Be thinking of a price.

Hey zx150: Let me know how to get in touch with you. Call me anytime, leave message if needed.

Hey Pastorbass: The system I use for storing my soft plastics is this. I sort them out by seasons (pre-spawn, spawn, summer, fall), so in the pre-spawn I get those baits out and keep them in my tourney bag, the others stay home in a 7 - drawer cabinet until needed. Also, try using good quality zip lock bags for those special baits, the factory packages will not last long, especially when you add scent in the bag. Another system would be to sort them by actions, (lizards, worms, tubes, flippin baits, trailers, creature baits, etc.) I did this as well but like the aforementioned better.

Hey Artcarney_agr: I do apologize but I'll have to pass on that question.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny - if you're not using it, I would be willing to work out a trade or something. bro_jeremyatwood@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

What is your number? Or you can call me at (502)664-5921. I live in Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Danny

BB,

I had planned to be down there today, tomorrow, Sat., and Sunday. However, my back has been really bad, so I am going to try to make it to my chiropractor and see if I can get some relief today. If my back is still this bad tomorrow, I end up getting down on Sat. and Sunday only.

I think I still have your number, but you want to tell me the best way to plan to meet?

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the binder thing and it didn't work, to many baits and to expensive. I went out and bought a Rubbermaid clear plastic tote to put them in ($3 at Walmart.) I leave them in the original bags because they are so durable. I siliconed in plastic dividers to separate worms, lizards, etc. Just use any old plastic to silicone them in (milk jugs, lexan, anything stiff.)

Hope it helps,
    Josh