Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek Tournament

What was the winning weight of Saturdays usaBassin tourney held on Guist Creek? We were there and on the water by 6. My cousin caught a few nice bass, including a 6 pounder. Was wondering what the total weight was to see how we would have stacked up.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Guist Creek Tournament

The results are not posted yet, you can get in touch with Justin Hires and see if he can tell you. His info is on the usabassin website. Or if you could find him on here but I forget what his screen name is.

Elijah Orr
    Kentucky Lake Bass Club
    Asst. TD
    270-354-5285
    ede037@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Guist Creek Tournament

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-06 AT 12:06PM (EST)[/font][p]I heard 22.8# won Congrats to Steve and his net man Troy...LOL Great BAG GUYS.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Guist Creek Tournament-RESULTS

Here are your results:

First Place and Big Fish: Steve Cloyd and Troy Kuhl had (5) 22.86lbs and a kicker fish of 6.50lbs.

Second Place:team Ratcliff/Stidham (5)14.32lbs

Third Place: Clint Cone (5)13.11lbs without his partner no less.(last years National points champs and Classic winners Great Job)

Fourth Place: team Kincaid/Kincaid (5) 10.74lbs.

There were 5 limits, all but one team caught fish. Two fish caught over 6lbs. Total fish caught 38, and total weight 102.80lbs.

You can checkout the rest of the results, story and point standings at www.USABASSIN.com.

Thanks everyone who came out! See you all at the next one Friday NIGHT event on July 14 7:45PM-2:30AM.

Still time to join in on the action!

Justin Hires (Justin@usabassin.com)
    Tournament Director
    www.USABassin.com

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-06 AT 07:02PM (EST)[/font][p]WOW!!!... that is awesome... I dont think ive caught 22 pounds at guist creek all year... great fishin guys!! Think I'll be there wednesday to try and get closer to a bag like those :)

Post Thanks / Like

I was feeling pretty good about my fish until I saw that huge limit coming out of the winners' livewell. One huge fish after another! Easily the most impressive sack of fish I've seen weighed (in person at least).

I don't know how/where he caught his fish, but mine were all caught flipping a baby brush hog (Watermellon/red, 3/0 Gamakatsu worm hook, 1/8 or 3/16 ounce bulllet weights) at channel banks in the cuts/creeks off the main lake, near the ramp. Early, before the sun was out, they were in 2-4 feet (right on the bank, or within 3-4 feet of it in a shallower cut). This bank had plenty of shade and plenty of wood. Once the sun was up, I had my best luck on a sunny but deeper bank (10 feet or so) that had some fresh looking dead falls off of it. The fish were in the shadows of those deadfalls. I believe the key to that bank was that the wind was blowing on it.

Good luck, hope you whack-em!
    Clint

Post Thanks / Like

we've been catching alot on baby brush hog green/pumpkin.. I think alot of people were catching them on buzzbaits! caught the big'en on a jig and alabama craw colored Paca-Craw

Post Thanks / Like

I had a grn pumpkin jig tied on with a Baby Paca Craw of the same color... I just never used it because I was catching decent fish on that brush hog.

I wonder if switching to that Jig would have yielded even better bites.

Hind-sight being 20/20, I should have picked it up and gone back through the same territory. Oh well, I was happy with my day. Since it was my first day on that lake this year, I was expecting to struggle.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

im pretty excited about that paca craw... My cuz was using it untill he went through the whole bag in about an hour.. he had alot of bites on it... wont happen again though, he bought about 8 bags this mornin.. I think we are going this afternoon and in the mornin...I bought some river side baits this mornin at back waters that looks just like the baby brush hog but with hands, like thier lizards have,, cant wait to try that one. I always free the little arms on the brush hog from the side of the body, and tear the ribbon tails off anyways, so this one looks promising.

Post Thanks / Like

After hearing you got lots of bites on that jig, I'm wishin I had picked it up more and more.

Maybe I'll have to try to get back out there next weekend to try it. My wife will shoot me if I do it... but maybe I can talk her into coming with me.

on that Paca Craw, were you dipping the claws in chartreuse dye? My last T on Barkley, that was our best bait, but they had to have the yellow dipped claws.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

no we werent dipping them. never thought about it, so consistent we didnt change it. will try it though. were using the 1/8 ounce bitsy jigs in a similar color..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... I wasn't dipping my plastics, even though I usually do. maybe Guist bass prefer not to have day-glo bright yellow on their food

CC