Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bone heads following the pros on KY

It's being reported on several NATIONAL web sites how some guys(not all) are following the pros around during the Elite series event and even coming in right on top of them to GPS the spot or fish it themselves. Guys could GPS the spot as the pro is leaving not while he's still fishing it. Obviously this could alter the outcome of the event. These guys are fishing for $100,000 not $50 at a club tournament. Respect their water. This is the first time since 1993 that BASS has held a major event on KY lake and some aren't showing these guys much hospitality. I'm sure the guys that have done this to the pros wouldn't want someone coming in on them even if they weren't fishing a tournament. It's a matter of respect. These guys do this for a living. Some don't have major sponsors to pay the bills they feed their families off their winnings. If you need to find spots that bad hire Dave Stewart and he can show you some and teach you how to catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Bone heads following the pros on KY

Although I agree with you 100% in every aspect of what you are saying...I do believe you are to late to make a difference at this point.

But again I totally agree!

Post Thanks / Like

This very well could have affected the outcome of this tournament. Not to take anything away from Morizo Shimizu (the eventual winner), but most spectators probably wouldnt even know who this guy is if they saw him on the water. Wirth and Vandam probably had a whole armada of boats following them and GPSing their spots all week. Shimizu probably was able to move around and come back to some spots without being bothered. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there and did not follow KVD who was really the only one with a following. I watched Kevin Wirth and when I was watching, he had only two boats with him and they were both backed way off. I did pull within 100 yards of Swindle and watch two locals come right on top of him and start fishing, that was crap! When leaving the spot he expressed his disgust in that situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about letting the pro`s have thier space. Some pro`s however do the exact same thing. I do not no how many followed and gps the spots we were fishing before the Stren Series. Jimmy Mize cut in on us today and started fishing. To bad all he caught was dinks. Did not know how to fish the ledge.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many of these guys were Northern Tour guys getting a head start on next week?

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing...there has been a lot of this going on with the FLW, Stren Series and now the two BASS tournaments. Lots of folks moving in on you while fishing and doing the gps thing. Most of the ones I have experienced doing this are the people getting ready to fish their tournament...not locals. I am not sure which boards on the internet are whining about this but they need to get their stories straight.

Post Thanks / Like

"When leaving the spot he expressed his disgust in that situation"

I would think a pro such as Swindle could handle that a little better. Not all folks follow these things as we do and these folks could've just been fishing.

Redneckshadrap
    www.thecreekbank.com
    redneckshadrap@insightbb.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure most of these "boneheads" you're talking about are the Northern Tour guys practicing for the tourney this week. Those fellas were EVERYWHERE this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized another advantage of being a terrible fishermen as I am, nobody is following me around to GPS all my spots. I usually have my spots all to myself, my boat and the water for there are no fish around either. Me, myself, I, boat and water just the 5 of us together as one.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Billy...I was there and I saw the guys move in on Swindle and they were just fishing but they pulled up on him and started fishing the same ledge right next to him and stayed in front of him. I would have been pissed if I was fishing for blue gill with my daughter and they did that to me much less trying to make a check to pay my bills. It was so bad that I wanted to say something to the idiots. I think Swindle handled it perfectly. He did not say anything to the wannabe's and just left. He vocalized his disgust to another boat who was watching AFTER the guys left. Was not the only time we saw it happen and it was pitiful.

Same thing happened to the winner and some other pros who did not make the cut had to go out to the spectators and ask them to respect the guy's water since he could not speak english.

Buck

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well. I guess thats why they call "OUR" lakes public domain. I am all for being respectful of each other but if they don't like it or anyone doesn't like it for that matter, make a private "tournament only" lake.