Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Snagging below KY Dam

Has anyone been doing any snagging below Ky Dam lately? I used to be real big into snagging back before they started construction on the new bridge. The Marshall Co. side was always my favorite to snag from when the gates were open and the current was just right! Back then the limit was 15 a day! I filled my freezer big time when I limited out!

My snagging rod is just collecting dust and I'd love to get it out and feel the thrill of a big ol' Spoonbill on the end of it! Regulations have changed dramatically since I've done it, so I'm a little unsure of what they are. From what I understand the limit is two now? And you can only snag between sunset and sunrise? If anyone has any info. or tips I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snagging below KY Dam

Has anyone been doing any snagging here lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Has anyone been doing any snagging below Ky Dam lately? I used to be real big into snagging back before they started construction on the new bridge. The Marshall Co. side was always my favorite to snag from when the gates were open and the current was just right! Back then the limit was 15 a day! I filled my freezer big time when I limited out!

My snagging rod is just collecting dust and I'd love to get it out and feel the thrill of a big ol' Spoonbill on the end of it! Regulations have changed dramatically since I've done it, so I'm a little unsure of what they are. From what I understand the limit is two now? And you can only snag between sunset and sunrise? If anyone has any info. or tips I'd love to hear them! Thanks!
    Hey Art, if your in the Lou. area hit the falls before snaggin ends Thur. the spoons are in...I'll be there tomorrow. chuck

Post Thanks / Like

You can find the rule related to snagging in the KFWD 2007 Sport Fishing Guide at the website noted below (section 1, page 15).

http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.asp?cid=588&NavPath=C128C168